Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Bowling Green's Recruiting Summary

1646002792676.png.50ffd1e0fdec0f5b8a5eae64590a9f56.png

OFFENSE

PositionNameStarsOverallPotential
QBMelvin Velasquez4CC+
RBTaylor Brinkley4CC-
WRKenneth De Jesus4BC+
WRChris Young3CC+
WRShake Hamilton3CB
TECaleb Sierra4CC+
TEBunmi Paulino3CB
OTWhitney Johnson4CC+
OTOscar Norman3CB
OGBam Lamp4BD+
OGAndrew Nieve3CC+
OGStefan Gordon3CB
CKhalid Davis4CC+

Backs - Melvin will join a good QB room, with a returning starter and a stud freshman coming off a redshirt season. He performed well at the Elite 11 camps and will likely redshirt and learn the playbook this year. Brinkley will definitely redshirt, his low potential may give room for a RB to overtake him in the future.

Receivers & TEs - It was important to add some depth at the WR position. De Jesus will battle in the spring and fall camps to make the starting lineup, but will being the #3 receiver be enough to prevent him from being redshirted? Time will tell. Tight end was one of the least talented positions on the roster, so it was important to add a couple players there.

O-Line - I'm fortunate enough to have a couple very good offensive lineman going into next season. That gives me some runway to redshirt and develop some big boys up front. Having said that, Khalid Davis will contend for a starting position at center this year and Bam Lamp will plug right in at a starting guard spot.

All hail Bam Lamp.

DEFENSE

DETy Ivie4CB
DTLuis Seumalo3CB+
DTEli Bedrosian3CC
DTGil DeLuca3CB
OLBZach Guzman4CC
OLBRaffy Kahnle4CC+
CBDonald Dingus5BA-
CBRichie O'Malley4BC+
FSMichael Puig4CD+
FSSpencer Taylor4CC
SSAustin Pena4BC+

D-Line - I think Ty Ivie will be a stud in the future, but he will likely redshirt this year. I didn't really want to get 3 DTs, especially given that I play a 3-4, but it just kinda worked out that way. It might mean a transition to a 4-3 in the future depending on how things play out.

Linebackers - OLB is another one of those weak position so that was a very high priority to address ASAP. Both Guzman and Kahnle will likely redshirt, especially considering I have the nation's leading sack artist returning at OLB (Sandy Rankin). In retrospect I would've liked to get an ILB instead of a DT, but I have good young-ish ILBs now so it can be addressed next year.

Secondary - Improving the secondary was the highest priority for the incoming class. The best teams in the MAC throw the ball well and they were able to throw it pretty easily against us last year. In my biased opinion Donald Dingus was the single best high school prospect in the country last year and will immediately move into the starting lineup. Will Richie O'Malley redshirt? Hard to say with 2 returning CBs who played a lot last year. Puig and Taylor may have 4 years of competition to see who gets more snaps and Pena is likely a day 1 starter at SS.

SPECIAL TEAMS

KEvan Carter3CA

Special Teams - I largely went with the Scott Frost approach and ignored special teams this year. Carter will redshirt since I have a decent returning kicker, but he'll be a good one for the future, I hope. Considering how OP punting was last year I decided to ignore the position. I'll probably come to regret that once it gets nerfed.

• Like 3