Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2022] Generated pool team rankings - Wide Receivers and Tight Ends

Welcome back to our ongoing series where we explore how each team did in the NFL's pool selection. Today, we look at the wide receivers and tight ends. But first, let me recap the methodology.

Methodology

Each position is split into three categories:

• Num.
    • Number of players in the position

[*]Avg. OVR

• The average OVR rating for all players in the position

[*]Avg. Starter(s) OVR

• The average OVR rating for the projected starters in the position

To determine who to designate as starters, I went with the top one, two, or three players in that position.

• Top one
    • QB, RB, FB, TE, C, FS, SS, K, P

[*]Top two

• OT, OG, DE, DT, OLB, ILB, CB

[*]Top three

• WR

Later on, we will also see the top teams by average OVR for an entire and starting offense, defense, and special teams as well as the entire team and entire starting team. The starting teams will not be just 11 players as I am going to be relatively formation agnostic. This means the defense will be based on having four players on the line AND four players in your midfield at the same time, if that makes sense.

The Receivers

This article will focus on both the Wide Receivers and Tight Ends

1645114108849.png.b21cfa4ce7c7aa3fa9bd7f195e4ec6a8.png 1645114143388.png.c71f0b757094e092335bda114493464c.png

There are some teams like Minnesota, Jacksonville, and Dallas who seem to studs in the receiving positions. All three teams rank in the top 10 in both categories. If they have the QBs to get the ball to them, we might be looking at our top passing offenses here.

Meanwhile, on the flip side, a few teams stick out to me that will need to do significant work in the draft. Kansas City and Tennessee rank near the bottom in both positions.

Wide Receiver

I'll be totally honest. I don't think the current top wide receivers stand out as much as I expected. Charles Brown from Jacksonville could very well make me eat my words here. The 8th year is an 87 OVR, A potential guy with 79 carrying, 87 agility, 90 catching, 90 football IQ, 87 route running, 88 speed, and 74 strength. This guy is going to be an absolute nightmare to guard in the red zone. He would probably be double teamed in every game, and still end up with 2 TDs easily. I think Brown was an RB in high school and ran a lot of gadget plays in college. I definitely recall him scoring a lot from wildcat formations and jet sweeps.

Meanwhile, we might have the future brewing over in Dallas. Christopher Lee, a 4th year, is an 80 OVR with A potential, 67 carrying, 76 agility, 90 catching, 68 football IQ, 77 route running, 91 speed, and 61 strength. His attributes might not be super flashy, but I can forsee him being even better than Brown in the next 4-5 years. Dallas will have a force to be reckoned with.

Tight End

Cleveland have the best TE by OVR. Mark Lysek is simply one of the smartest in the league. He's in his 8th year and has 84 OVR, A+ potential, 87 carrying, 83 agility, 81 catching, 88 football IQ, 85 pass blocking, 81 route running, 87 run blocking, 87 speed, and 88 strength. Lysek is a true jack of all trades, but master of none he is not. He can run in any portion of the offense. He'll beat most linebackers trying to cover him, he'll catch the ball in all situations, and he's going to pancake anyone who has the unfortunate job of trying to get past him.

Next time, running backs.

Edited by subsequent
  • Like 7