Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2022] Generated pool team rankings - The Offensive Line

Welcome back to our ongoing series where we explore how each team did in the NFL's pool selection. Today, we look at the linebackers. But first, let me recap the methodology.

Methodology

Each position is split into three categories:

• Num.
    • Number of players in the position

[*]Avg. OVR

• The average OVR rating for all players in the position

[*]Avg. Starter(s) OVR

• The average OVR rating for the projected starters in the position

To determine who to designate as starters, I went with the top one, two, or three players in that position.

• Top one
    • QB, RB, FB, TE, C, FS, SS, K, P

[*]Top two

• OT, OG, DE, DT, OLB, ILB, CB

[*]Top three

• WR

Later on, we will also see the top teams by average OVR for an entire and starting offense, defense, and special teams as well as the entire team and entire starting team. The starting teams will not be just 11 players as I am going to be relatively formation agnostic. This means the defense will be based on having four players on the line AND four players in your midfield at the same time, if that makes sense.

The Offensive Line

This article will focus on both the Tackles, Guards, and Centers

1643819689857.png.6188d97a5754c8819c23c20a7c618cb5.png 1643819712932.png.99d575e7ffd14b2f27985e9fd18b22b4.png 1643819740798.png.538ee3b3217be8fb7500f5f3e2bc36a2.png

From a quick glance, there are a few teams that appear to have specifically focused on the offensive line. Tampa Bay, Buffalo, and Kansas City all appear in the top 15 or so in all three positions. Meanwhile, you have a few teams that are clearly drafting lots of offensive linemen in the upcoming draft. Cleveland, Atlanta, and the New York Jets will definitely be looking to bolster their QB's protection next year.

Offensive Tackle

One of the best players in the league is definitely Tampa Bay's OT Haim Costa. This 7th year, 90 OVR, and A+ potential player also has 87 agility, 93 football IQ, 90 pass block, 90 run block, 89 strength, and 91 stamina. Now that I think of it, I think he may be the BEST player in the league. You could plug him into the line anywhere and he would rack up the pancakes... And he would do it for four quarters, as many overtimes as you need, and probably into the early hours of the next day. Watch out for this guy, because I do legitimately think he is the best player in the league by raw attributes. I am astounded how good he looks.

Offensive Guard

Of the Offensive Guards, there are a pair of ridiculous guys that I need to highlight.

First, Kansas City's OG Jason Naylor. He is only a 6th year and already has 89 OVR and B- potential. He also has 79 agility, 86 football IQ, 84 pass block, 94 run block, and 94 strength. Naylor combines incredible technical ability, physical perfection, and mental acuity all in one massive package.

Next, we have the New York Giants' OG William Greer. The 5th year is at 88 OVR with A potential. His attributes currently sit at 69 agility, 77 football IQ, 98 pass block, 80 run block, and 98 strength. Greer may not be quite as refined as Naylor, but my god is he a physical and technical beast. For those of you wondering, there are only like 6 or 7 instances of a player having 99 on any single attribute... So you can be assured that Greer will be an all-pro every single year.

Center

Remember what I said about few players being in the 99 range? Well, I want to tell you that New Orleans have a guy named Walter Arrasmith. Walter is only in his 5th year with A potential and 84 OVR. Walter has 71 agility, 73 football IQ, 95 pass block, 77 run block, and 99 strength. Walter is not letting ANYONE touch his QB. Walter will push you from the line of scrimmage all the way to your own endzone every single time. Walter will then get better and do then Walter will do it to you again, and again, and again.

Next time, wide receivers and tight ends.

• Like 3