Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Recruiting Class Grades Batch 3

Hot and fresh out the over, here's the third batch of crispy croot grades

@subsequent @ChizDippler @acewulf

:michigan:

University of Michigan

Big Ten Conference

2021: 6-7 (4-5)

Recruiting Class Basics:

Michigan signed 1 5-star, 6 4-stars, 16 3-stars, and 1 2-stars (24 overall recruits). They signed 10 players with B or higher potentials. Their total class score was 1001 and they finished 14th in the country.

Recruiting Grade: C+

Signees are below:

SchoolIDBaseGuessNameNameStarsPosArchetypeHeightWeightSchoolCityStatePotent.
MICH3444C43LeoTerrell4DEBalanced6'3"268Lake ShoreSt. Clair ShoresMIB-
MICH684C40JonathanWaguespack4DTNose Tackle6'2"301George Walton AcademyMonroeGAC-
MICH17522D36HunterMozgov2DTBalanced6'1"292East LansingEast LansingMIA
MICH4753C43MichaelSherels3FSBall Hawk5'10"196Gulf BreezeGulf BreezeFLA-
MICH7623C39AaronEdwards3FSBall Hawk5'11"193HartsvilleHartsvilleSCC+
MICH7593C39JoshBroxton3ILBSpeed6'2"216LouisvilleLouisvilleOHC+
MICH3654C43BreyvicSmith4OLBCoverage6'1"234RiverdaleRiverdaleGAB-
MICH235B50BrynBushrod5OTPass Blocking6'1"289Bishop MooreOrlandoFLC-
MICH5263C39CarlosPrice3QBBalanced6'2"212MadisonSan AntonioTXC+
MICH5703C41JonathanHall3QBBalanced6'4"211East Orange CampusEast OrangeNJB
MICH6083C40SpencerPressly3QBScrambler6'1"215Eau GallieMelbourneFLB-
MICH7533C39JoshDiaz3QBField General6'3"186DenisonDenisonTXC+
MICH9813C41FreddyDavis3QBScrambler6'0"228LogansportLogansportLAB
MICH10763C41AndrewMcCann3QBBalanced6'2"217Flowery BranchFlowery BranchGAB
MICH12463C41BlakeMonasterios3QBBalanced6'3"203FairfaxLaveenAZB
MICH4903C45YannickLast Name3RBReceiving5'10"195CoppellCoppellTXA+
MICH7613C39JohnTucker3RBPower5'11"223UMS-Wright PrepMobileALC+
MICH8463D34TylerAdleman3RBSpeed5'10"198PlainviewArdmoreOKB-
MICH12403C41JoshJackson3RBSpeed5'11"204FletcherNeptune BeachFLB
MICH8753C42JawillPerez3SSRun Stopper6'0"199EcorseEcorseMIB+
MICH674C43RayshawnZeller4TEBlocking6'5"253St. Helena College and Career AcademyGreensburgLAB-
MICH2064B50ChrisMcRae4WRPossesion6'3"193HoggardWilmingtonNCB-
MICH2584B49RobertBuchter4WRRoute Runner5'10"183EdgertonEdgertonOHC+
MICH9363C43KevinSt. Brown3WRPossesion6'2"193MercedMercedCAA-

Below is a breakdown position-by-position of (from L-R) their current roster, what they did on the trail, and the grade I gave them in recruiting that position.

PositionCurrent position gradeCurrent statusRecruiting statusCrooting Grade
CC-A bunch of mediocrity in here currentlyDidn't sign oneC-
CBCA really good 4 star B B freshman locking down one side of the field, but not much opposite himDidn't sign one. Hard to justifyC-
DEB-An ok setup actually. A high potential 3 star and a high potential B overall 4 star freshman make this a solid roomAnd they added a really good local 4 star as well. This should be a position of strength in the futureB
DTB-Same story as above, a nice combo here and the Dline looks good going forwardAdded another 4 star here, I really like these defensive lineman 2 years down the lineB
FBC-A bad 2 star, hopefully doesn't get usedDidn't sign oneC-
FSC-Only guy worth playing is a freshman 3 star C C guy hereGot a pair of 3 stars including an A- potential. Got some needed depth and slight upgradesC+
ILBCA bunch of 3-stars, but some of them are panning out wellSigned another average 3 star hereC
KD+A not-good 2 star is the only kicker on roster, but at least he's a freshman?Didn't sign anyD+
OGC-Oof, all underclassmen are 2-stars except for a single 3-star bright spotdidn't sign any, definitely needed toD+
OLBB-OLBs are pretty good with a pair of 4 stars on rosterAdded another 4 star with a pretty good potential, and this room looks solidB-
OTBLooked average anddd then they have a 5 star current sophomore! Just looking for somebody on the other side and they'll be eliteWow, Michigan will have 2 5-stars on roster next year, both of them at OT. QBs should be very well protected from any pass-rushersA-
PC-Again, a bunch of mediocre 2-stars in this roomDidn't sign any, could've used an upgradeC-
QBB-Best guy currently is a freshman 4 star, so overall in a pretty good place.Ok. Why. I don't understand what confluence of factors leads to signing 7 QB's IN ONE CLASS. Next season Michigan will have 13 QBs on their roster. The kicker? None of the QBs signed here are better than the guy they got last year, so they will almost certainly never see a snap! I don't like to criticize too much, but this is not good roster management here especially when it leads to completely neglecting other positionsF
RBCSolid sophomore 3, but lacking everywhere elseSigned 4 3 stars? Yannick Last name is def the best of them though, and makes the other guys honestly a little obsolete imoC+
SSD+Only 2 stars here? Not so goodGrabbed a pretty solid 3 star guy so that's progress!C+
TEB+A really good looking 4 star freshman here right nowAnd snagged another good 4 star as well. Very good TE room going forwardB
WRC+Sophomores are serviceable, freshmen not so muchGreat pickups, one of their best rooms. Very high potential 3 star and then 2 B overall 4 stars! Whoever winds up at QB should have no shortage of targets to throw toA

Ok, if somebody showed me this for an AI class I would've thought "dang, need to tweak their recruiting position composition". this is kind of absurd, 7 QBs, 4 RBs and 3 WRs is... a weird way to recruit to say the least. Particularly when it meant they didn't sign ANY CBs, OGs, OLBs, all positions that should have at least 1 guy per cycle (and they had a scholarship unused too!). They did have a lot of good position group signings, and overall this is a good class, it's just... incredibly off-balanced. It won't hurt so much here because they can fill in next year with the needed depth and without injuries you don't need so much depth anyways, but wow it's interesting

:reb:

University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Mountain West Conference

2021: 10-4 (7-2)

Recruiting Class Basics:

UNLV signed 14 4-stars, and 11 3-stars. They signed 8 players with B or higher potentials. Their total class score was 1068 and they finished 6th in the country.

Recruiting Grade: A-

Signees are below:

UNLV2464B49HectorVargas4CBMan Coverage5'11"193Victory Christian AcademyLakelandFLC+
UNLV2654B50ThaddeusKoehler4CBMan Coverage5'11"192MarshallMarshallMIB-
UNLV724C42DamienHauschild4DERun Stopper6'4"294VelaEdinburgTXC+
UNLV3344C45WarrenHigashioka4DESpeed Rusher6'5"253HeritageConyersGAB+
UNLV1154C41ChrisGonzalez4DTNose Tackle6'3"313ByronByronILC
UNLV2734C42BruceIbaka4FBBlocking6'1"241West AlleghenyImperialPAC+
UNLV3594B49JohnJunis4FSMan Coverage5'11"199CentennialPort St. LucieFLC+
UNLV7273C41StephenBelow3FSMan Coverage5'11"206PerryPerryGAB
UNLV12083C41JoshuaBoddy-Calhoun3ILBSpeed6'2"227Red LionRed LionPAB
UNLV11993C38AlexMorstead3KBalanced5'10"196BerryhillTulsaOKC
UNLV3424B47ArrionLowry4OGRun Blocking6'5"293Glen RoseGlen RoseTXC-
UNLV7173C40CoreyBurdi3OGRun Blocking6'5"295Arroyo GrandeArroyo GrandeCAB-
UNLV3084C42RyanFlaherty4OLBPass Rush6'4"232WestsideAugustaGAC+
UNLV6733C39MikeFeldman3OLBSpeed6'1"231WarrenDowneyCAC+
UNLV2834B48JahlilJones4OTRun Blocking6'4"302Lake MaryLake MaryFLC
UNLV8343C41VincentSingleton3OTRun Blocking6'3"299EtiwandaEtiwandaCAB
UNLV10643C42RamonShepherd3OTRun Blocking6'3"298Bowling GreenFranklintonLAB+
UNLV2014C41BruceAnthony4PPower6'2"195Lake RidgeMansfieldTXC
UNLV1674C42RickMartes4QBScrambler6'1"224WoodinvilleWoodinvilleWAC+
UNLV10813C40ArtavisReinheimer3QBField General6'1"223SalinasSalinasCAB-
UNLV814C41PascalKrieger-Coble4RBSpeed5'10"192Fellowship ChristianRoswellGAC
UNLV9093C42RyanBird3SSRun Stopper5'11"211CalabasasCalabasasCAB+
UNLV7843C42DeShawnMorgan3TEBlocking6'4"259St. Frances AcademyBaltimoreMDB+
UNLV9323C41JonahBluiett3TEReceiving6'4"231Oak RidgeOrlandoFLB
UNLV2764C42JoshChickillo4WRRed Zone Threat6'3"215KaiserHonoluluHIC+

Below is a breakdown position-by-position of (from L-R) their current roster, what they did on the trail, and the grade I gave them in recruiting that position.

CA-Probably the best center in last year's class is already on the roster and looks solid for the futureDidn't recruit oneB-
CBCA really high upside 3 star ball hawking sophomore is on roster, but other than that, just a lot of total average 3s2 4 star B overall guys makes this one of the best CB classes in the nation. Both of them are immediately in the mix for the starting job, very goodA-
DEC+All 3 stars of the slightly average variety. Probably one will wind up good right?Another pair of 4 stars here (albeit both C overalls) makes for another improved position group, impressiveB+
DTBA really good 4 star Freshman follows in the footsteps of a great rising senior. All set for a good 3-4Average 4 star here, seems like candidate for a redshirt to get a little bit of space and start in the future.B
FBC-Very bad FB situation but it's not a very important positionSigned a 4 star here, no position neglected I guessB+
FSC+A high upside 3 star rising junior looks to hold the starting jobJohn junis is a B 4-star who could challenge for the starting job and will eventuallhy win it. They also got another 3 star depth guyA-
ILBC+A solid 4 star sophomore... and trash in last years classSigned a slightly above average 3, but need to get somebody better next year for sureC
KC1 good kicker is a rising senior, and 1 bad kicker behind himGot an average 3 star, which isn't ordinarily exciting but is better than what they haveC+
OGCMix of average 2 and 3 stars on roster so farArrion is going to be a great starter for UNLV. I'm less impressed with Corey, but he's still good depth even if future croot classs will likely pass himB+
OLBC-Even worse than the OGs, none of the 3 stars look to have panned outWhile the 4 star here isn't the best, he is still an average 4 star which puts him in line to challenge for a starting position ASAP. Also an average 3 star guy who's going to be just a bodyB-
OTC+Have had some 4 stars and great 3 stars in previous recruiting classes, but need more talent to inuseJalil Jones is another good 4 star B overall, and they picked up another pair of above average 3 stars to keep the room stockedB
PDOnly 2 star D overalls on roster. Need helpGot a 4 star punter, one of the best in the country! Instant upgrade and big impact hereA-
QBCNobody on the roster is the long term starter for this teamRick Martes is for sure the future starter here. He was invited to the Elite 11, but missed the cut to make finals. A scrambler with C+ potential, he will be the starter, but I could foresee UNLV looking for an upgrade eventually. Also got a 3 star backup in case something happens to RickB
RBC+An A potential 3 star sophomore is their current best future player, so ok positionPascal is a top-100 guy they pulled out of GA, and is the only 4 star on the roster for the futureB
SSCA bunch of average 3 stars on the roster right now, not so impressiveRyan Bird is a higher upside 3 star guy coming in, and is better than the current roomC+
TECJust signed an A- 3 star last cycle, but that's the only good prospect on the rosterAdded another pair of B/B+ potential 3 stars, but overall this room is still rather averageC+
WRC+Had a 4 star last cycle, but other than that, all 3sSigned one guy, an average 4 star. That still gives them a pair though so the future is looking upB-

This is one of the best classes I've seen. Their 4 and 3-stars don't have the highest potentials which knocks them a few ranks but they have SO. MANY. 4-stars, all at the right positions. Almost every position group got a good grade and I would be very wary of them in 2 years (Their roster is probably too bad to seriously compete this year, but apparently they won double digit games last year so #coachingmatters)

:tulsa:

University of Tulsa

American Athletic Conference

2021: 16-0 (9-0)

Recruiting Class Basics:

Tulsa signed 2 4-stars, 20 3-stars, and 2 2-stars (24 overall recruits). They signed 19 players with B or higher potentials. Their total class score was 1000 and they finished 17th in the country.

Recruiting Grade: C+

Signees are below:

TULS944B49AaronMays4CBZone Coverage5'11"183WestoverAlbanyGAC+
TULS11223C41JeremyTurner3CBZone Coverage5'11"185MaristAtlantaGAB
TULS11373C40CarisCorrea3CBMan Coverage6'0"197GeorgetownGeorgetownTXB-
TULS17712C37CharlieClarkin2CBZone Coverage5'11"189Red RiverCoushattaLAB
TULS12043C40LyndonHicks3DEBalanced6'4"267BrookwoodBrookwoodALB-
TULS10603C41AntoanLydon3DTBalanced6'3"282Perry-LecomptonPerryKSB
TULS10673C44ChrisBasham3DTPass Rusher6'1"275GuyerDentonTXA
TULS15492C38WayneCook2FBBalanced5'11"240KaimukiHonoluluHIB+
TULS8223C41TaylorOkoye3FSBall Hawk5'11"193Tampa CatholicTampaFLB
TULS5003C43JacobOnwuasor3ILBCoverage6'2"223RidgeviewBakersfieldCAA-
TULS11503C41MalcolmSantana3ILBSpeed6'0"214BoonsboroBoonsboroMDB
TULS5823C44KyleWitzmann3OLBPass Rush6'3"255Carol CityMiamiFLA
TULS10393C39ErsanBlanding3OLBCoverage6'2"239Clear ForkBellvilleOHC+
TULS10793C42TyvisVan Slyke3OLBPass Rush6'3"244AstronautTitusvilleFLB+
TULS6843C41BradStewart3QBScrambler5'11"219Memphis UniversityMemphisTNB
TULS13523C41ArnaldoPerez3QBField General6'1"212Cardinal MooneySarasotaFLB
TULS7163C43RichAlcantara3RBPower6'0"233Putnam City NorthOklahoma CityOKA-
TULS8543C41R.J.Kemp3RBSpeed6'0"197Shiloh ChristianSpringdaleARB
TULS9553C41MiguelCecil3RBReceiving5'8"204St. Stephen's & St. AgnesAlexandriaVAB
TULS5633C40DezmenBurfict3SSBall Hawk5'11"196StansburyTooeleUTB-
TULS3234C44JordanWilds4TEVertical Threat6'4"226Mansfield SeniorMansfieldOHB
TULS7813C43MarcusJarwin3WRRed Zone Threat6'3"212AllatoonaAcworthGAA-
TULS9713C43DarrenHill3WRPossesion6'0"191Huntington BeachHuntington BeachCAA-
TULS13273C43VictorBurke3WRRed Zone Threat6'3"229Dodge CityDodge CityKSA-

CB-A 4 star 2 classes ago looks pretty good, but needs to re-stock soonDidn't sign anyC
CBC+A lot of 3-stars, but nobody who blows you away coming upGreat signees. A top-100 B 4 star leads the class, with a few other depth pieces with B potentials. Best room of this class by farB
DEA-They already have their bookends with a pair of B overall, B potential 4 stars. Everyone else is just depthAdded an ok 3 star. Not a huge knock because very few players in this class would get a lot of playing timeC
DTCA couple very very average 3s on rosterAdded 2 more of those, but an A potential 3 star is still a good snagB-
FBC+They have a good 4 star, but he's a rising senior with nobody behind himA 2 star not-A average is relatively lackluster in my eyes, I'd rather use the scholarship somewhere else and not play a FB than rely on Wayne, but I could be wrongC-
FSB+A really good 4 star sophomore should have this job on lock for a whileAdded a sligthly above-average 3 star here. Only a B potential, but isn't badC+
ILBCThey already have a few high potential 3 stars on rosterWhich means the pair of high potential 3-stars coming in will be right at homeC+
KC+A very good rising senior made the difference in a few games this year, with a few 3-stars behind himDidn't sign anyC+
OGC+they signed a 4 star last cycle who will be a long-term starter, but only 2 stars surround himDidn't sign any, VERY surprised by thatD+
OLBC+Signed a great 4 star last cycle, but very average guys in the other cyclesA trio of 3-stars with varying potential. They are all in the mix to get some playing time, but the C+ guy seems a little locked out of future playing timeB-
OTB+4 stars in each of their last 2 classes are quite a good pair at the positionDidn't sign any, but I guess they didn't need one a ton in this cycleC+
PB+A great 4 star as a sophomoreDidn't sign anyB-
QBCTheir last 2 classes don't have anyone over a C yet, which probably won't cut it for the most important positionSigned 2 similar guys, a scrambler and field general B potential 3 stars. I'm not sold on either becoming a star though. That should be priority #1 next cycleC
RBB-Same story as QB, except last cycle they picked up a low 4-star high potential future starter, so not a dire needA very high potential 3-star trio (A-, B, B), so one of them will almost certainly become starter potentialB-
SSC-Only 2-stars on the roster here, NEED an upgradeEh, a 3-star B- potential is definitely an upgrade for this roomC+
TECA bunch of average 3-stars currently on roster. Nothing too note-worthyTheir other 4-star signee is a B potential C overall out of Ohio who will be a future starter for sureB
WRA-A 5 star last cycle and 4 star the cycle before have this room looking pretty good on the high-endA trio of identical 3-star A- potential guys should blossom very nicely in 3-4 yearsB-

Reigning national champions, but Ace must be a good coach, because I am not incredibly impressed with their future roster. He definitely is all-in on potential over stars so I don't want to say too many negatives but I am of the opinion that this is not a national-champion contending roster in 2023 and 2024. Perhaps I will be proven wrong and that Ace is assembling an underrated roster or coaching his butt off. We will definitely find out eventually, and I'll be watching this year with great interest

That's it for this batch! Next will be 4 SEC teams (including mine ?) so stay tuned

Also, going to start keeping a running tally of schools that have been done:

TeamRecruiting RankRecruiting Class Grade
University of Georgia (UGA)

26th

B-

University of Houston (Houston)

5th

A-

University of Virginia (Virginia)

13th

B

Louisiana State University (LSU)

18th

B

Washington State University (Washington State)

42nd

C-

University of New Mexico (UNM)

45th

C

Pennsylvania State University (Penn State)

4th

B+

University of North Texas (UNT)

19th

C+

Baylor University (Baylor)

11th

B-

Bowling Green State University (BGSU)

3rd

A-

University of Michigan (Michigan)

14th

C+

University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)

6th

A-

University of Tulsa (Tulsa)

17th

C+

• Like 6

Good write up! In retrospect, I should have gone harder on grabbing some 4 star guys, but overall I am very happy with this class as my first.

I was in on a 4 star OG, but he flipped to Houston on decision day and there wasn't enough talent around for me to jump right in on a guy after that. Overall, I felt decent about my OL to go for other positions.

But I do think you are underselling my roster right now. I think it is more well rounded than last year. I don't have a Bud or Bruce, but I could easily keep the pressure on with the guys I have. Especially on offense.

These grades aren't so much about this upcoming season so much as the years after that. I tried not to look at anybody who's a senior this year, and it looks like you've got a lot of those