Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Purdue Football: 2022 Roster - Running Back

BabaYaga

We now transition to looking ahead to what Purdue football will look like in the 2022 season.

Coach MasonAsher on the RB room: This next year will be really interesting for us in the running back room. We lost a stud back there but I think we have a lot of options to utilize them in different ways this year. Last year we utilized the run up the middle quite a bit with Eduardo Jackson and this year we are probably going to have to try some different things. We want to get our backs in space with the ball this year. I have a lot of faith in the guys in the room and they all know that it is an open competition for that starting spot. There will also be a lot more subbing to create some matchups that we like. We didn't bring in any backs this year because we didn't see anyone that fit our room as freshmen this past year.

RB progressions:

Alexi Vollert, SR., 3*, B overall, C+ to C potential, D to C strength, B agility, A speed, C carrying, C football IQ

Austin Balentien, SR., 2*, C overall, B potential, D to C strength, C agility, A speed, C carrying, D football IQ

Mike Bates, JR., 4*, B overall, B potential, C to B strength, B agility, A speed, C to B carrying, C football IQ

Marcus Mattison, JR., 2*, C overall, B- to C+ potential, D strength, C agility, A speed, D carrying, D football IQ

Henry Adams, SO., 2*, C overall, C+ potential, F to D strength, C to B agility, A speed, D carrying, D football IQ

Marcus Dade, RS FR., 4*, B overall, B+ to B potential, C strength, B agility, A speed, C carrying, C football IQ

Incoming freshmen

N/A

Class-by-class look

Senior

B overall/C potential - Alexi Vollert - Balanced

C overall/B potential - Austin Balentien - Balanced

Junior

B overall/B potential - Mike Bates - Balanced

C overall/C+ potential - Marcus Mattison - Speed

Sophomore

C overall/C+ potential - Henry Adams - Receiving

Freshman

B overall/B+ potential - Marcus Dade - Receiving

Projected Depth Chart

Mike Bates OR Alexi Vollert OR Marcus Dade

Austin Balentien

Marcus Mattison

Henry Adams

Projected Redshirts

N/A

Coach MasonAsher's philosophy on running backs: I really like to play to my running backs strengths. It doesn't matter if it is a speedy guy or a strong back, I am going to try and play to their strengths. I will always be throwing the ball more than running the ball but if I have a good back to feature, I will do it. I also like to have guys who are good at one thing. I won't recruit many balanced backs as I would rather have a back that is either really strong or really fast to switch it up. This year will be really interesting in the running back room as I have three guys I could start and it will likely come down to who plays better in the test games. I have no idea yet how I will be utilizing my running back room.

• Like 1