Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Purdue Football: 2022 Roster - Quarterback

BabaYaga

We now transition to looking ahead to what Purdue football will look like in the 2022 season.

Coach MasonAsher on the QB room: I am really looking forward to this next year in the quarterback room. I think we've got a few guys in there that can be difference makers and I think we have a very solid quarterback room. We redshirted Dominque and Kyle last year and they really put in some work. We've got six guys in there that we have a ton of trust in right now. We are excited about Austin coming in as the lone freshman. He will likely redshirt this year but we are excited about him for the future.

QB progressions:

Justin Tu'ikolovatu, SR., 3*, B overall, B to C+ potential, B to A throw power, A throw accuracy, C football IQ

Donnie Laulile, SR., 2*, C to B overall, B to B- potential, C throw power, C throw accuracy, C football IQ

Jordan Doctson, JR., 2*, C overall, C+ to B potential, C throw power, D to C throw accuracy, C football IQ

Dominique Ankou, RS SO., 3*, B overall, B+ to B- potential, B to A throw power, A throw accuracy, C football IQ

Kyle Cain, RS FR., 3*, C overall, C+ to B+ potential, B throw power, B throw accuracy, D football IQ

Incoming freshmen

Austin Cooper, FR., 3* C overall, B potential, B throw power, B throw accuracy, D football IQ

Class-by-class look

Senior

B overall/C+ potential - Justin Tu'ikolovatu - Pocket

B overall/B- potential - Donnie Laulile - Scrambler

Junior

C overall/B potential - Jordan Doctson - Scrambler

Sophomore

B overall/B- potential - Dominique Ankou (RS) - Pocket

Freshman

C overall/B+ potential - Kyle Cain (RS) - Pocket

C overall/B potential - Austin Cooper - Pocket

Projected Depth Chart

Justin Tu'ikolovatu OR Dominque Ankou

Donnie Laulile

Kyle Cain

Jordan Doctson

Projected Redshirts

Austin Cooper

Coach MasonAsher's philosophy on quarterbacks: For me, I personally like guys who can stand in the pocket and deliver passes. I don't love having my quarterback run the ball as bad things can happen. At the quarterback spot here at Purdue I want to get old and stay old. You will never see me start an underclassman at the quarterback position unless they are a great passer. Quarterback is a position where we will be bringing in one guy a year and developing him. We also want our quarterbacks to be able to throw the ball 30-40 times a game as that opens up the run game for us quite a bit.

ScreenShot2021-12-08at3_03_47PM.png.1708dbebc3b7ae578960c5f8ceeed0de.pngScreenShot2021-12-08at3_03_55PM.png.3fea04a4145839ea6864cbe9f25c2345.pngScreenShot2021-12-08at3_04_04PM.png.30d65c849896ce9d4565253ee2c9f47a.pngScreenShot2021-12-08at3_04_13PM.png.83899aa45026db8c9dd4abb3cbad1339.pngScreenShot2021-12-08at3_04_22PM.png.89709e59ff648e039e064858daea9f6d.pngScreenShot2021-12-08at3_04_30PM.png.f77220aa0e14c59f0d47f2fabcc79268.png

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Like 1