Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2021] Elite 11 - Southeast Regional

1637615511615.png.6091d6d5d899b5fd1616e6618c55b308.png

Atlanta, GA

A packed Southeast regional is our next stop, as all the young aspiring passers of SEC country assembled in Atlanta. Jim Jebow and his crew had a huge crowd, "Could've taken 20 kids just out of this regional alone," said Jebow as he boarded the bus to leave. Six spots out of twenty were taken at the first two regionals, lets see which kids shown today.

1637615820639.png.b808129159a39bc0199cf56294908479.png

From tiny Randleman, North Carolina, 5 star quarterback Tavarres Washington stole the show on his way to the Southeast Regional MVP award. "This kid eats, sleeps, and breathes football," said Jebow. "Has a cannon of an arm, great mobility, just one of those kids who has it all." The Tar Heels commit is considered the best quarterback recruit, rated 14th in the country.

"Man just happy to be here, get some of these nervous jitters out of my legs," said Washington. "Always had a dream of making it to this stage, being an Elite 11 quarterback. Winning this regional MVP is just the first step, I gotta show my stuff in Nashville too. Go Heels!"

1637616687092.png.42595788f7f01f4e7a1862b55bf5b201.png

Now from one rural hamlet 5 star to another, Brandon Savage earned his own way to the nationals in his home state of Tennessee. "Big, tall young man with just a howitzer for an arm. Used to be a ton of the top QBs would come out of Texas and the West Coast, heavily populated areas, but man, between Washington and Savage the country boys are giving the city boys a run for their money," said Jebow. "I've been endlessly impressed with Savage, wouldn't be surprised if he went on to do some real big things."

"Just happy to be here honestly, easy drive down from Decatur, just a touch further than I'll have to drive to Knoxville" said Savage. "Had some throws I wish I could take back, Tavarres is a good player, but man I think I'm better. We'll have to run it back in Nashville, I'll prove I'm the best in the nation. Go Vols."

1637617100360.png.99998835a1cf9c15b116f46b314fe5cf.png

Jeff Jones from powerhouse Houston County in Warner Robins, GA didn't win a top 2 spot, but proved enough for our coaches to send him to Nashville. "Jeff, he's got a lot to like, and a lot to work on," said Jebow. "Some of it, he can improve, just a matter of how much he wants it. Accurate as all hell, he's got that going for him. Sharp mechanics, really knows the physical side, we want to drill him on the mental side of being a quarterback and a leader."

"Oh man, just thanks be to God. Excited to get back to practice and get ready for Nashville," said Jones. "Already got some great pointers from Coach Jim and his staff here, really think I'll elevate my game. My dad's been the biggest supporter of me to date, and this will be the last chance throwing the pigskin around with pops before I head to San Diego State, so I want to do him proud and win the Elite 11!"

1637617393164.thumb.png.04a133e262a3322f64bbfaed3fc08519.png

With a final shocker, Jebow and his staff had one more inclusion from the Southeast regional. "Jace Smith, a lot to like about that kid, said Jebow. "He has "it". Just electric with the ball in his hands, real fluid mover. Rough on the edges, but took instruction really well. Just felt right to take him, give him more coaching, see what we can do to polish this kid up even more. I think this Georgia kid is going to be really something in the future."

"Honestly, just so happy," said Smith. "Coach Jim really got on me hard, but man I thought I really did get better here today. A little bit of mechanics stuff, little bit of the footwork stuff, but really, he just told me I got the dog in me to get far. The coaches at Louisville been in my ear about all this stuff too, but man the Elite 11 is where the top guys get made. Can't wait to get to Nashville and just keep competing, keep getting better.

Finals Invitees:

Sheldon Yanda - Pacific Qualifier

Paul McCullers-Sanders - Pacific Qualifier

Alcides Holden - Pacific Coach's Pick

Vic Hill - Southwest Qualifier

Jon Fitts - Southwest Qualifier

Cameron Jimenez - Southwest Coach's Pick

Tavarres Washington - Southeast Qualifier

Brandon Savage - Southeast Qualifier

Jeff Jones - Southeast Coach's Pick

Jace Smith - Southeast Coach's Pick

Tune in next time as the team heads to stop 4 of 5, Baltimore for the Northeast Regional!

• Like 5
  • Fire 1