Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Thank you, Matt Howard

Kirby

e9f888d6-e9f1-4721-bee4-a5f5001546a5-Tate_Rodemaker.jpg

Matt Howard in the 2021 National Championship game, his last showing for FSU before he declares for the NFL Draft

The season is over. Fifteen games in a row, and the streak was broken. Saturday Night in Indianapolis saw Tulsa defeat my Noles in what was a thrilling National Championship to cap off the debut SFA season, which has been full of twists and turns. In the end, the two best teams in the nation fought it out, and someone's 0 had to go. It was the running game of Tulsa which proved to be decisive. The first rule of playing any good quarterback is to keep the ball out of his hands. Tulsa pounded the rock, over and over, and by doing so they controlled the clock and proved to be the best team in the nation.

It's been one heck of a season. I want to start by saying congratulations to @acewulf . It was a pleasure to match up against you in the Championship game and your gameplanning proved to be second to none. A very deserved winner.

This marks the end of an era in Florida State, that era being the Matt Howard Era. Throughout the season, people have loved to talk his stature down, but time and time again he showed up for the team and lead us to fifteen straight wins and a Championship game, as well as winning the ACC Championship in it's first year. This achievement can not be understated and the reality is, if we had any of our other quarterbacks starting, we would not of made it to where we did. It's been an absolute honour to coach Matt, and his career looks set to be one to remember as I expect him to be one of the first players off the board come the inaugural NFL Draft. My aim, I will say it now, will be to keep him in Florida, sending him on a train down to Miami where our love affair can continue.

From the very start, I knew he was a special kid. The offense was built around his arm strength and talent. My biggest regret is that we didn't have the offensive line play that was needed for a quarterback of his talent. Unfortunately he spent most of the season running for his life but he done a fantastic job of it regardless and his connection with Wooten and the other receivers proved to be deadly time and time again.

I look back to the ACC Championship game against Virginia as one of the many bright spots. Throwing for over 500 yards on just 28 completions, and 5 touchdowns, says all you need to know. Matt Howard is primetime, and this was just one of many occasions that he proved it.

Anytime a quarterback throws for close to 6000 passing yards in a season, is special in it's own right.

The future looks good. It looks bright. Kelly Jarwin looks set to become our new QB1 having had a developmental redshirt year, and i'm excited to see what he has to give. Matt Howard has spent a lot of time with the youngster throughout this season, teaching him the schemes, and it is fully our hope that he will be a worthy successor to the throne which firmly belonged to Howard this year. Whatever happens from here, I wish nothing but the best for a player that I have truly loved coaching from start to finish.

Matt Howard, thank you. Your name will forever be etched in our folklore.

signature.png.05411471a0570f3f471050f7e21551b7.pnghttp://alumni.fsu.edu/sites/alumni.fsu.edu/files/images/Community/Clubs/Image_Gallery/Seminole%20Head%20-%20Garnet.png

• Like 6