Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

2021 Week 1 Rookie Recap

After the first week of basketball I wanted to take a look at how the rookies were doing. The end of the process, human sacrifices in Boston, and insane draft steals. I will be discussing all of this and more as I recap most of the rookies first season. If I missed any that you want to hear my opinion on let me know and I will add them by the end of the next day.

Roger Stewart

Roger Stewart after having a big first game putting up the first and only rookie double double in the 1A games going 11, 12, 3, 0, and 2 with 3 turnovers on 57% true shooting gets 5 less possessions and ends with 7, 2, 4, 1, and 1 with no turnovers on 50% true shooting. One thing that makes Stewart so great is his ability to take over a game and that is exactly what happened against Memphis. Stewart decided that his team was not going to lose and put up 30, 12, 4, 1, and 1 on only 2 turnovers to help bring his team back in the fourth quarter to win the game. What is even more impressive is he did this on 92.3% efficiency going 12 for 13 including 4 for 5 from 3. Stewart has shown that he has what it takes to be a top player in this league and I can't wait to watch his career unfold.

Jose Foster

Jose Foster finds his footing in game 2 after a mediocre game going 14, 7, 1, 0, and 1 with 3 turnovers on 40% true shooting completely turned it around with a 24, 4, 3, 2, and 3 game with only 1 turnover on 64% true shooting on just 1 more shot. This is a big step and shows why he was in the conversation for the number 1 pick. Jose Foster also had an impressive game 3 going 29, 11, 2, 2 and 0 on 0 turnovers. With 78.6% efficiency on 14 shots. Jose Foster has great potential and he looks like he could be a big time player when he is given the keys to the offense.

Victor Adams

One name that you might not recognize is first round draft pick Victor Adams. Victor Adams while not playing much, only 12 minutes a game is making a big impact averaging 8 points a game. That is not the impressive thing, what is more impressive is he has only missed 1 shot going 9 for 10 through these first 3 games. Adams is hot to start the season and if he can keep this up he will be a great bench player for a great Nets team.

Kevin Diaz

Kevin Diaz has had near identical numbers in his first 3 games averaging 12, 4.7, 3.7, 1, and 1.3 on 2 turnovers. Diaz has put up good numbers for a rookie but he has to get more efficient doing all of this on 48.4% true shooting that is a number that you would like to see get up but if I am the coach I am not worried eventually he is going to start making all these shots and your going to tell him to keep shooting.

Dennis Hall

After having a big 38 point first game Dennis Hall has been the best part of a good Kings team. Dennis Hall is the Kings leading scorer and has done better than anyone in that organization could have hoped. Picked 14th in the draft to fill the hole at small forward Hall was expected to be a role player but in these first 3 games he has single handedly changed my opinion of this team from middle of the pack to a team that can make some noise in the playoffs. I can't wait to see how Dennis Hall follows this up but one thing is for sure he has definitely put a small market team on the map.

Ronald Lucas

Ronald Lucas is another player who is filling into his role by averaging 15 points a game on 50% true shooting. Nothing noteworthy to comment on now but if he can bump his shooting percentage up to 65% then he will be someone that defenders will have to worry about. While not making that much noise right now, the Cleveland coaching staff has a real chance to turn this kid into a household name throughout all of Ohio.

Moises Farr

Every draft has one of them: Darko Miličić, Anthony Bennett, and Kwame Brown. Even though it is still early in the season Moises Farr might be the latest addition to a long list of players that just weren't ready for the nba. Even though he is averaging 7.3, 4.3, 2.3, 1.7 and 2.7 on 2 turnovers per game it is unacceptable for a top 10 pick to be putting up these horrid numbers on 38% shooting in his 40 minutes per game. Don’t get me wrong I am hoping he can turn this around. You never like to see a bust but it just doesn't look good right now.

Rich Velasquez and Mark Ross

Rich Velasquez was the 30th pick in the first round and has been playing a lot early in this season but he has not put up great numbers. Velasquez gets a pass because he didn't have many expectations picked towards the end of the first round. Mark Ross was involved in quite the controversy during the draft, picked by Miami but they only had that pick after trading a pick they didn't have. Mark Ross has been a real bright spot this season so far averaging 26.3 points per game on 54.5% true shooting. If I was Philadelphia I might look to move either Victor Garcia or Elmer Barton to small forward, shift Anthony Howard and Christopher Long to shooting guard, and have Johnny Edwards play starting point guard. They can also keep riding the hot hand of Mark Ross if they want. I see what they were trying to accomplish but with the changes I suggested I think Philadelphia could complete the process. You add that to the young assets they already have and this team can be a force for years.

Jesse Rodriguez

Jesse Rodriguez has been very good in these first 3 games picked number 18 by the Miami Heat Rodriguez has put up great numbers in his first 2 games putting up 21 points in his first game and 17 in his second. Just like everyone else on the Heat Rodriguez was shut down against Charlotte only scoring 1 put dropping his PPG down to 13. Rodriguez is looking to add to this loaded Miami team and is looking like he could help this team win a lot of hardware.

Benjamin Morris

Benjamin Morris after being picked 3rd in the draft has been ok. You would like to see more from him shooting just 46%, if he can get more efficient then he can really propel this team to the next level and get them out of this early slump. I would also love to see Morris get more involved with his playmaking but let's take it one step at a time.

Jordan Bridges

After being picked 10th by the Celtics he thanked them for drafting him so high by going 36 and 7 in his first game. While he has not had a better game he is doing great averaging 19.3 and 9 through these first 3 games. Bridges going up against centers is doing something unbelievable but I pray to the gods that Boston can get him some more bigs because he looks tiny. If there is a god he is merciless and he demands Boston's best young star as a sacrifice.

Fred Andrews

Fred Andrews is not used to losing coming out of Saint Mary’s so he did everything he could to will his team to a victory in game 2 with 26 points. Andrews has been an impact center averaging 15.7 ppg on a team who is trying to get production out of their stars. Let's hope the magic can find a way to turn this around before Fred Andrews starts trying to find a way to get back to college.

Martin Bailey

Martin Bailey has had a good start to the season averaging 22 points per game on 69%(nice) true shooting. With a 29 point game to help the Supersonics seal the deal in OT Bailey is looking to put the Supersonics on the map. It is impossible not to like this team and when you get to watch a talented rookie like Bailey it just makes it so much harder. I can't wait for further in the season when Bailey and the Sonics take revenge on OKC for stealing their team.

Harold Walker

Harold Walker is another player who we expected more from again, it's a little early to call but Walker is having trouble living up to the hype. Only putting up 6.7 PPG and 5.7 RPG on just over 53% shooting. Detroit expected big things from Walker picking him with the #7 overall pick and I am sure I speak for them when I say this isn't college anymore you can't use your size to your advantage at 6-6 he is an inch shorter than the average power forward and despite what all the girls say 1 inch is a lot. Let's hope that Walker can adjust to the size difference or else just like me with the girls, at the end of the night nobody is going to be happy.

Tyrell Wooldridge

Tyrell Wooldridge is quite the story picked 25th by the Pelicans he sat out the first game for unknown reasons. That game they had a huge win against the spurs but in the next game they played him for 30 minutes in a win against the Mavericks where Wooldridge put up 24 on 69% shooting. If you thought that was it then you would be normal but nope Big Dick Tyrell comes out and drops 34 on the Rockets on 80% shooting. He is averaging 19.3 PPG and that is being dragged down since he didn't play in the first game of the season. His actual average is an insane 29 PPG. The Pelicans must be politicians because this is the biggest steal I have ever seen. That last sentence was not pushing a political agenda that is just making a comment on politicians in general both Republican and Democrat.

Keith Sanchez

When I wrote my scouting report on Keith Sanchez I said he is a very underrated player who can make an impact on a team. The Clippers decided to take a chance on him with the 39th pick in the draft and he is doing good in 10 MPG he is averaging 12 PPG on 60% true shooting. Not much to say I just want to highlight a second round talent who is playing some solid basketball

Francis Doyle

Francis Doyle was the 5th pick in the draft. This idea the Bucks had on this pick was the best player available and that was Doyle. Doyle is only getting 4 minutes a game but is putting up 4.7 points on 5 for 7 shooting which is 71.4%. This is a kid who can make a big impact on a team but it looks like it is just not his turn in Milwaukee.

Rocco Thornhill

At 5-7 Rocco Thornhill is one of the shortest players in NBA history but the second round pick is making a name for himself. Thornhill is making the most out of his 2 minutes a game scoring 3.7 PPG and going a perfect 5 for 5 from the field. As I currently tower over Thornhill at 5-10 I also understand the struggles of being short. One thing is for sure I am rooting for this short king to develop into a great player.

Raymond Rivera

We have now reached the players who have not played a single minute in the NBA. One question remains. WHY. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS. YOU PICKED HIM NUMBER 2 OVERALL. LET THE MAN PLAY. Ok sorry about that I had to get that out of my system. I get that they have 2 good small forwards above him but put him at power forward. When you draft a guy like Raymond Rivera you find a way for him to play. I would put him at point guard if it was the only position open. Now we can only sit and hope that Rivera gets his shot soon. I just feel bad for the kid works hard to get to the NBA is picked #2 and then you get benched for the first week. Really tough but what can I do? I am just the Miami Heat owner.

• Like 4

Moises Farr

Every draft has one of them: Darko Miličić, Anthony Bennett, and Kwame Brown. Even though it is still early in the season Moises Farr might be the latest addition to a long list of players that just weren't ready for the nba. Even though he is averaging 7.3, 4.3, 2.3, 1.7 and 2.7 on 2 turnovers per game it is unacceptable for a top 10 pick to be putting up these horrid numbers on 38% shooting in his 40 minutes per game. Don’t get me wrong I am hoping he can turn this around. You never like to see a bust but it just doesn't look good right now.

Seems like he's really hit or miss right now. Game 1A and 1B, he was very underwhelming; and then in 1C, whatever the Thunder's gameplan was, he shot well with the ones he took. Whatever they did in 1C, Farr excelled in

Yeah I overexaggerated to lean into the media stereotype in a couple of them I don't think Farr is a bust I think it will take another week or 2 for him to find his footing and then he is going to be one of the better rookies.
  • Like 1