Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2021] Meet the Seattle Supersonics 2021 Class

After the most boring off-season in Supersonics history, Seattle opted to keep all of their picks and their initial roster and head into the draft. The outcome? The Sonics got their guys.

1627350178987.thumb.png.1bbf906541fb6ae3988ab135d96bf5d3.png

Thank God for google

In the first round, Seattle drafted with the #16 overall pick Martin Bailey. A senior shooting guard from Iowa State, Bailey helped the Cyclones through the NIT up until the semifinals. Despite the Cyclones ending the season with an 11-14 record, Bailey was a bright spot and a key player on offense. Bailey shot for about 13ppg and was one of the top free throwers in the league. Bailey helps the supersonics find a key SG for their offense, a position that's been of concern with starting SG Jason Long nearing 8 years into the league. While Bailey's defensive game is questionable at best, that's not to say that he has the potential to become a key starting not only this season but more to come.

With the Supersonic's 2nd round pick, they selected Gene Cortez of Air Force. Cortez is an all-around player; but while the Supersonics appear set at Power Forward, Cortez adds some needed depth and could be a rotational player. Cortez's defense is mediocre at best, but one cannot deny the player's uncanny ability to grab boards and rebounds. It's unsure what the Supersonics plans are for Cortez but development is key for this team.

The Supersonics are excited to finally play at Climate Pledge Arena and to hit the best stage in the Pacific Northwest this season. Expect great things from the Sonics this season

• Like 3

Geographically obligated to say: Sonics suck, Washington state sucks, Seattle sucks.

I'm curious why the Supes stayed quiet during all the pre-draft movement...are you confident in your roster?

I wanted to see which teams were palpable to ridiculous trades and want to make a big splash early despite every team being about evenly matched.

Honest answer: Work's been hell for the past four weeks, which is why I haven't really posted much media as of late.

• Like 1

This is actually a good point. One of the reasons I was reticent to trade early on was because a lot of teams were relatively evenly matched. Obviously people have made moves, so what I did was to try and thread a needle of upgrading some edges while keeping my options open for either way.
  • Like 1