Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Wishlist For NewSim Season 2

In no particular order:

• Fix penalties (specifically applying penalty yardage correctly and whether to accept penalties or not)
  • Eliminate negative yardlines
  • Rework stamina system
  • Fix turnover yardage bugs
  • Fix scrambles not being reported bug
  • Add user names to game report
  • Add scheme used to game report
  • Reduce punting distances
  • Add more names to name lists.
  • Change how attributes are reported to the user (change what constitutes an A, B, C, etc.)
  • Add player ID numbers to stats dumb

Edited by Rocketcan
  • Like 1

I don't know how it'd work out, but I'd like to propose keeping "Scrimmage" Games in the off-season, or at least the ability to do Spring Games so you get help better sort out your Depth Chart. Something along the lines of over 3 weeks, teams can submit one Depth Chart per week for a Spring game. I'm stumbling through this season not entirely sure on where my offense is going wrong (or if they're simply not good enough) and no way of tinkering really other than adjusting the gameplan numbers.

Hope this is as clear as mud.

Also some sort of transparency, no matter how small, on how player development will work "potential" wise.

I think maybe punt return yards are a little high? Returners seem to be getting around 15ish per return but in my experience, 10ish is usually pretty good. Also, I don't think I've seen a fair catch yet, so maybe it's something to do with the Gunners too?

• 2 weeks later...

Recruiting Visits for home games

X number of visits to be allocated per school

As unranked team:

Victory against Ranked Opponents +++X points

Victory against conference opponent ++X points

Close Loss against Ranked Opponents +X points

Victory against team above .500 +X points

Loss against team below .500 -X points

Loss or Big Loss against Ranked Opponents -X points

Loss against conference opponent --X points

Loss against rival ---X points

Loss against unranked opponent -X points

As ranked team:

Victory against Ranked Opponents +++X points

Victory against conference opponent ++X points

Victory against team above .500 +X points

Close Loss against Ranked Opponents -X points

Loss or Big Loss against Ranked Opponents --X points

Loss against team below .500 ---X points

Loss or Big Loss against Ranked Opponents --X points

Loss against conference opponent --X points

Loss against rival ---X points

Loss against unranked opponent -X points

Something to this degree would be cool to add, especially for teams without Affinities.

I don't see why you it wouldn't. That win would be more valuable to fans and potential recruits I'd imagine. But I should elaborate a ranked team would also be above .500, those two would NOT be additive.
  • Like 1

This was a spur of the moment idea that I'm sure can be refined and tuned to fit scenarios more accurately. I just wanted to provide a baseline example and let the dev team tweak as necessary.
  • Like 1

P.S.S. - You may think ranked teams are kinda getting the shaft but I'm trying to base it off how I'd feel as a recruit and not exactly what's "fair". Ranked teams have more to lose and pressure to perform given their status as top 25. I'm sure it doesn't need explaining I guess but just in case it does.
  • Like 1

The "+++" would be just 3x the "+" value.

i.e. a win above a .500 team might be 2 points. +++ Would be 6 points. Not looking for HUGE point gains, but I think it's worth the depth and gives more to the wins and losses and scheduling for the sim.

With the extra points based on performance, do you intend for those to be effective the next season, or just for one week? Like a big win gives you 3 points or whatever the next week only while it's still fresh on people's minds?

It would directly feed to that specific recruit you gave the visit to. I'd like there to be a limited number of visits to be offered, say 10 for example. We're able to have 25 commits, but only 10 can visit. Those points would be immediately applied after the results of the game (or whenever the recruiting page updates). A big loss would negatively impact the recruit's immediate impression of the school but for depth/"lore" you can also continue to recruit them heavily with your points in an effort to sway them to be the difference-maker that they needed in order to win.

So for example

It is Week 8 and Croot A already has 70 points on him from Auburn heading into week 9. Auburn is about to play #25 Tennessee. It is a conference game and a ranked opponent. Auburn schedules Croot A to visit Week 9. Auburn beats Tennessee in a close game and let's say they get 5 total bonus points for that. Their point total would go to 75. The inverse happens if they lose dropping to 65. That way the impact of the game is immediate given how fresh the results in that croot's mind are, but they aren't disenfranchised with your school either and the opportunity to get them on your team is still there.

Hopefully that makes sense.

• Like 1

Could multiple teams schedule a visit for a recruit on the same week? It doesn't quite make sense in terms of realism, but maybe fairness wise? How would you decide where they take their visits?

Probably whoever has the highest point total would gain priority for scheduling the recruit since they have given them more "attention"(points), theoretically.

• 9 months later...
Ability for each position when to "pull" the starter and put in backup (if you have like an F stamina C and a backup who's almost as good, maybe you only want the starter to play the first half)