Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Inside Tulane: Changing the Culture

As we enter week 5 Tulane has their first bye week and after having some time to adjust to this season I feel it is a great opportunity to take a look inside Tulane football and see what makes this team so special.

Today's Topic:

Culture Change

Going into week 5 the Tulane Green Wave are 3-1 and ranked #25, but to get to this point a couple of changes had to have been made. Tulane was never known for their football team and to show that let's look at a couple quotes from real Tulane students at the end of last year when asked about the sports scene on campus.

Jessie said "Well, I'm not gonna lie. The football team sucks. And, as I'm the kind of sports fan who mostly likes teams when they are winning (thats easy to be in Boston, a little harder in NOLA) I don't go to football games. Its really easy to get involved in the on-campus sports team if you want to. But, this is no big football school. If you want that, head north to Baton Rouge and look at LSU. Go Tigers!" Do not worry Jessie was soon silenced after this blasphemy we can understand that our team was bad in the past but don't start rooting for another team. Well it doesn't matter because I don't think anyone will be hearing from Jessie ever again.

Zoe said "Unfortunately the sports scene at Tulane is not very big. There is not a huge football following because the team does not win very often." Zoe put it perfectly while getting right to the point this team sucked and big changes had to be made.

To try and patch things up Tulane hired new coach Kgreene829 who was able to turn this team around fast. Before the season started we asked some kids on campus about the new hiring and to elaborate on the football team a little here is what they had to say.

Paige said "We are a division I school. Our football team...to be honest is not very good. I have only attended 2 games in my time at school, both homecoming games. Which we lost. Both times. They did give out free shirts and things for the first couple hundred people that come to the fan section to try and get people to show up for the games and generate buzz it is very sad. However, we just got a new coach who seems to be getting right to work and we are building a home football field that will be ready in for next season so hopefully that will add to our school spirit!" Paige really talks about how desperate the school was to get people to pay attention to the football team but had a very positive outlook on the future of this team but some people were not totally sold on the hiring of Kgreene829.

Michael said "This is ridiculous we have been a terrible team for years and what do we do? We go out and sign a coach with no coaching experience. This is a total gimmick and I will not stand for it this sorry excuse for a football team has mad me hate this school so much that I have decided to transfer to Vanderbilt a school that knows how to put a competitive team on the football field." Michael is now in Vanderbilt and we hope he is happy with his 0-4 team and we hope he is having fun. We sent him a letter but I doubt he will read it because we left that letter in the top 25 and...well lets just say Vanderbilt is not going to be sniffing the top 25 for a while.

As the season started first year coach Kgreene829 had a lot to do if he wanted to field a winning football team and he started to get to work on the offense. After a couple practices Kgreene829 made the decision to change the offensive scheme from a spread option where they would mostly run triple options and RPO's. Instead Kgreene829 decided to implement a pro offense lead by Junior QB Rashod Bucannon someone who struggled but has looked great ever since the scheme was changed to play to his strength. Kgreene829 made Junior WR Fernando Thomas the top option using his ridiculous speed to create separation and get open for the deep bomb. All of this with Senior RB Russell Coleman using his speed to help supplement the offense and gain yards whenever a team started to commit to covering the pass too much.

After a couple of weeks the school started to put money into advertising the football team even encouraging kids to watch the football team during practice. It did not take long for the school to get excited about the football team and they started counting the days to next season. Even though everything looked great students were still prepared for the worst but after 5 weeks the school is finally on board with the football team and even started spamming twitter with #RANK TULANE after they started off 3-0. This is getting a little too long so make sure to be on the look out for the next edition of Inside Tulane where we will talk about the defense and how Tulane spent their bye week.

• Like 3