Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Olynyk Out in Columbus?

122737_h.jpeg.4f5d8372d198f41584e077db7f4901c2.jpeg

Gomes (7) and Olynyk(14) warm up before Ohio State's Week 1 game vs. Bowling Green

Somewhat shocking news has come out of Columbus, OH, as reports have surfaced that Ohio State coach Thatfunk is looking into a quarterback change ahead of conference play. When asked for comment, thatfunk stated that he wanted to “do what was in the best interest of the team, put our guys in the best situation to win.” Starting Quarterback James Olynyk, a senior who had been picked by many pundits to be one of the Big Ten’s brightest stars this year, has instead looked lackluster through three games.

While the team’s first game against Bowling Green saw Olynyk throw for over 300 yards, his totals over the first three games are 62-104 for 701 yards with 4 TD to 3 INT and a 59% completion rate. In Week 2 vs. ranked Texas A&M Olynyk went 16-28 for 111 yards with 0 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Additionally, while Olynyk provided a fine 284 yards and 3 touchdowns in Week 3 vs. Georgia Tech, the offense only scored 21 points and had to rely on the defense to secure the victory. The offense has only scored 48 total points through 3 games, much lower than expected considering the quality of talent.

Thatfunk has stated “[t]his offense isn’t living up to what I know it can achieve. James has been an incredible player for us over the years, but I need to do what I feel is best for the team as a whole. Olynyk and Dylan Gomes will each be getting first team reps this week and I’ll make a decision on Wednesday.” Gomes, a sophomore from St. Petersburg, FL, is inexperienced but word of mouth around the program is that he has the potential to be one of the best ever to wear the scarlet and gray. Whoever Thatfunk chooses will face a serious test in conference play, with five away games in hostile territory, including traveling to Ann Arbor to face a stout Michigan team. Neither player was made available for comment.

• Like 1