Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Week 2/3: Less is Mor...gan: Kansas 27, Ball State 24

Bundy

In the opening week of Kansas football, the Jayhawks struggled to find their identity, with placekicker George Jones cementing himself as the fan favorite. A week later, with a change at the signal calling positing, the KU team went on the road to Muncie, Indiana and picked up their first W in program history.

Wide receiver Junior Ogbah was highlighted nationally prior to the kickoff of the season, making the coveted Preseason All-American list as a 2nd-Teamer, but the Jayhawks struggled to get him involved in their Lawrence opener against Houston, with the senior receiver notching just one catch for four yards off of two targets. It seemed like he'd probably fade into obscurity in a Kansas offense that didn't have an identity. With quarterback Jeff Maeda benched following a rough outing, there was even some discussion of Ogbah losing even more relevance with the potential turn to a ground focused offense that could be captained by sophomore dual-threat Aaron Diaz, though that was settled with the observation during the media-facing practice sessions that featured Diaz only in the role he'd played against Houston - primary punt returner.

When the opening whistle blew, there was still much question as to who would be slinging the rock around, but there was little surprise to see the team make the official switch from Maeda to senior QB Ian Morgan, who trotted out to take the games first snaps. On just his third pass attempt, Morgan became a KU household name with a 44-yard strike to tight end Alex Atkins, and the very next play found Ogbah for their first touchdown connection.

With Ball State's insistence on getting RB Anthony Larkin involved in as many ways as possible, Kansas keyed on him, and linebacker Ezekiel "Ziggy" Sands set the team up with another red zone possession off of an interception of a pass intended for Larkin. George Jones booted a field goal through to put KU up 10 early.

With Ball State scoring quickly to knot the game at 10, Morgan struck quickly to Ogbah again with 13- and 7-yard passes that found the end zone, with KU leading 24-17 at the half.

And that's when the Kansas offense stagnated. The defense had put the offense into position to put up quick points in the first half, but during the second half, the boys in blue didn't draw anything of a Morgan-Ogbah connection up, with Ogbah seeing 0 2nd-half targets despite the 3 first half touchdowns.

"We held on in the end, we had a new face under center and there were some growing pains, but when we get our offense clicking, we can put up points with the best of them," Kansas head coach Bundy said post game. "Ian stepped in admirably, and we need to find more ways as a coaching staff to get him and Ogbah involved."

Kansas headed into the week 3 Open Date bye with light practice ahead of their week 4 Big 12 Conference opener at Iowa State. During the Kansas trip to Indiana, they piqued the interest of 4-star Indiana RB recruit Trey Garcia.

The Chirp

Big Play Trey @WithoutATreys

I would look good in a blue jersey next year ? #KU #UK @Bundy @rabidsnowman

KUntry Boy Dean @TimMcGrawIndeanOutlaw

George Jones could kick a dozen puppies, my grandma, and then myself in the groin, and I'd still think he's the most consistent kicker in the #Big12

Jayhawk Coed in ur Area @IPhogOnTheFirstDate

@IanMorg9n more like #3anMorgan my future baby daddy has 3 first half touchdown passes :love: so I'm sending him videos with Britney Spears 3. Hope he doesn't open them in the locker room at halftime :devilish:

Nasiru Ogbah Sr. @siruSr

@Bundy why do you quit throwing to my son @ogbahLSOHARD feed him and he'll feed u

• Like 3