Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Inside the Huddle, Week 3: An Inside Look at Aztec Football

Pumph

WIN 37-20 vs Navy

A big win for our program, as we get back to a winning record at 2-1. In this one, we tried very much to find some offensive balance, with a 48/52 Run/Pass Ratio. We also switched starting running backs, with Bryce Brown going to the bench in favor of Demario Garcia. The results? 25 carries for 146 yards and a TD from Garcia, as we were actually able to run the ball for once. How much of this was Navy keying on the pass and us maybe catching them by surprise? I'd love to know (@SyndaKyt ) Or maybe it was just Garcia being a more effective option than Brown.

We still were able to move the ball through the air effectively, with 360 yards passing and 4 TDs. Normally our top option, TE Kahlil Gohara was limited to just one catch for 23 yards in 4 targets. Again, could this have been Navy keying on him, or maybe Anderson just finding the WRs more open, with 2 WRs over 100 yards.

Defensively, I wanted to try to take the QB out of the equation, and 19 carries for 27 yards from Conforto showed we did that. I blitzed aggressively for the first time, and played mostly a base 3-4 defense.

We open up conference play next week @ Hawai'i. Looking forward to a trip to the Big Island. We'll keep tweaking, and experimenting. I still have a list of things I want to try.

Recruiting recap:

Week 2's results found no new surprises. Players we were alone on after Week 1, we're still alone on. We threw out a few points here and there on a handful of highly-touted recruits that saw no action in Week 1, and pretty much found that other teams did the same thing. I was not able to unearth any new clear leads, but found two players where we have one other team after them. My current plan for Week 3 is to continue to solidify the leads that I have, driving them closer to their thresholds, while again, scattering some points around to some recruits that have not yet seen anyone contact them. The couple of battles I see on my recruiting board, I'll continue to add points there as well, knowing that if we're in the conversation, we still have a chance to sign them. There is no urgency yet to try and distance myself from other suitors, as I know no one is signing just yet. For now, I think finding more open targets is more important than putting distance between myself and other teams.

• Like 1