Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2021] Week 1 - Leaders of the PAC

SageBow

1625149396790.png.9bf01ed38c760dd0abc1cb0f163b42e8.png

Welcome to the first edition of "Leaders of the PAC", where we will be interviewing various captains of PAC-12 teams and talk about leadership, integrity, and the love of the game. In this first edition, Sage sat down with Colorado Buff's ILB Miles Frazier.

Sage here with Buffs star linebacker Miles Frazier. Talented young man from Texas that decided to come up to Boulder, what made you decide this place was home for you?

Well, Colorado was the first to offer me--I knew they had taken an ILB the class before in my buddy Wilson (Cedeno, Sr. ILB), but that maybe I could be a complimentary ILB for a while until we both were ready to dominate. They offered playing time and the best campus experience in America, so I said "Hell yes, I'm a Buff!"

You led this team to a big win in the Rocky Mountain Showdown. 4 tackles and a tackle for loss in a close 24-21 victory over the Rams. Some could say RB Ryan Wilson got the better of you throughout the game. How would you rate your individual performance?

I thought I played okay. Scrimmages felt great, then came out for the real thing and the pressure of the moment got to me in the first half. Turned it on late, though. Glad the rest of the boys stepped up big when it mattered.

One thing scouts are dazzled by is your speed! You’re extraordinarily fast. Have you always been quick or is this something you’ve developed?

I played RB in high school because of my speed. I’ve always been quick, but the Speed program at CU is excellent. Here, I learned how to run the “correct” way to maximize my speed. Now, I’m sideline to sideline.

3 star out of state kid coming to the mountains and being a team captain as a junior. What do those guys in the locker room mean to you?

The guys in the locker room, man, they are the best. Our LB unit is super tight, and the D as a whole is really close, with leaders like Robbie Johnson and Braedon Lopez. We know we’ll keep the team in games this year, we just want to show up in Conference this year.

Coaches always hound on people and I'm sure Bingo is like the rest. What is he trying to do with your game so that you take it to the next level?

Coach knows I need to get more consistent in the run game and then start using my speed to cover TEs better over the middle. I’m the Will in our system, and Coach needs me to be more of a run-thumper to help out Willis. He’s always on me about playing more physical.

I'll ask this same question to all the future interviews in this series, so before I go, what does Leadership mean to you?

Some of the seniors on our team are quiet, lead-by-example types. I’m a little different: I want to be loud and lead with verbal positivity. Guys respond to that on the field. Now, just have to tighten my game up.

1625149453646.png.653d55aa4a3939038d05948ed5739374.png

Thanks for reading and as always we love your support of the PAC-12 Network. We'll see you next time Where Champions Play, After Dark.

1625149137198.png.e37d02cbd351d432eb03d4e9fcf2458f.png

• Like 5