Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Exclusive interview with draft prospect Benjamin Morris

SG Benjamin Morris 6-3 22 [south Dakota St.]

SAINT_MARYS_COVER.thumb.png.39c57e97243b277292771852c4900b88.png

As the NBA draft approaches I had the opportunity to sit down with South Dakota St. shooting Gaurd Benjamin Morris and discuss Morris's basketball career up to this point.

So I wanted to just get to know you a little bit. I want you to start off with what motivates you and how your feeling as the NBA draft gets closer.

Mr. Greene, I just wanted to say thank you for the interview. I am happy to be here, growing up in California I always felt competition from others around me. Moving to South Dakota was the only way for me to shine as a player and actually get a chance to play outside of being a role player in another state. Many overlook me purely because I am not a scorer at heart. This upsets many scouts at the NBA level and I am aware of this fact, but I am who I am. My motivation, just like the golden state is to be a golden boy for the rest of my team. My role as a rebounder gives my team another chance to win the game. Every rebound counts, and every turnover counts.

Turnovers are mistakes and missed opportunities. Turnovers are what motivate me since they are the dagger to every player who wants to be good. A team that limits turnovers has control of the game from start to finish. I will not let the other teams capitalize off of my mistakes as a player.

As to the NBA draft, I know there is a lot of talent out there and some very talented teammates I played with back at SDSU are also eligible. If a team decides to draft me then that is cool. I know with two rounds teams have to make decisions as for what is best for them as a franchise. I know that with my skillset personally the draft does not matter as I know I will end up somewhere in the league. The future looks bright for a kid coming from South Dakota.

Ok thank you. Many scouts look over you because your per game stats are only average, however you have been able to make a splash when you are needed to. Can you talk about what the mentality was in week 9 where seemingly out of nowhere you had 2 great games one where you had 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 3 assists in a 84-61 win vs Omaha and another one where you had 25 points, 5 rebounds, and 1 assists in a 65-47 win vs #4 SMU.

It was all in the gameplan. Going into week 9 coach had split time among all guards evenly on the team. Week 9 at SMU coach bumped me up and made minor tweeks to go away from 3 point shooting and slow down the ball to get better looks at the rim. The better chances at buckets catered towards my role better and it showed as a result.

This play style of attacking the rim was able to let you show the world what you are capable of. If you were to get drafted what role would you expect to play and what would you do to maximize your ability in that role?

I expect myself to be whatever the team needs me to be. I want to be the guy that you go to off the bench that can get the job done.

Ok looks like we are out of time any shoutouts or final messages?

Yes I would like to mention that this is a perfect time to shout-out all the bees in the world. #SaveTheBees