Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Exclusive interview with draft prospect Darin Bowman

SG Darin Bowman 6-4 22 [Air Force]

1624911178753.thumb.png.7e17614e1a4ffda34a335f1c32b39f45.png

As the NBA draft approaches I had the opportunity to sit down with Air Force shooting Gaurd Darin Bowman and discuss the NBA draft and Bowman's story up to this point.

Nice to meet you Darin, so I wanted to just get to know you a little bit. I want you to start off with what motivates you and how you're feeling as the NBA draft gets closer?

Hi Mr. Greene, it is an honor to be interviewed by you. I have grown up as a kid watching every possible basketball game I could, and I knew that is what I wanted my future to be. I spent every day on the court practicing hours a day to get to the top of my game. I have taken a lot of inspiration from players all over the world and worked to be the best I could be.

My family has been a part of the Air Force for so long, that I couldn't help to continue their legacy. This gave me the idea to join the Air Force. After my hopefully long and enduring career I can join the Air Force not only for myself and my families legacy, but for the whole country as well. Being involved with the Air Force I have learned to put my team before myself at all times, and this is what I prioritize in my play as well.

With my team not performing as well as we expected, and the lack of media attention that I have received I have been feeling a little nervous about my draft position. But you reaching out to me has given me more hope, and I thank you for this.

You have not been able to develop a clear style to this point. Some games you will score a ton of points, other games you will get a large amount of steals and blocks, and some games you will try and get assist. How would you describe yourself as a player and did playing on a team like Air Force that struggled to win games not give you a chance to play up to your full potential?

As I have mentioned before, I have looked all over the world to model my game after a lot of stars. I want to not only be great at scoring, but also at defense and assisting. I want to be as well rounded of a player that I can be.

For your next question, it was a bit frustrating not being able to win as many games as I would have liked, but I can not only blame my team for this as we have seen I have not been the most consistent player this year. I've talked to my coach many times during this year on how I can improve my play and hopefully improve the teams play overall. Unfortunately my team wasn't able to make the tournament, but this has only given me more reason to practice and stay in the gym after everyone else leaves.

A lot of scouts have had trouble placing you into a certain role. What do you think your role in the NBA would be, would you be ok no matter what role you are given, and how do you think you should be used in the NBA?

If and when I get drafted into the NBA, I would fully trust my coaches and I would be perfectly willing to play any roll that I am given. I would just be happy to be given the opportunity. In my opinion I think if I reach my full potential I can be used as a way to start an offense, and also be a great defensive anchor. This would help my team at both ends of the court.

Ok looks like we are out of time thank you for your time. Do you have any shoutouts or final messages?

I just want to thank my family for believing in me since I was young, all my coaches who gave me tips along the way on how to be better, and every player on my team who gave me competition and something to strive for helping me get to the top of my game.

• Like 3