Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2021] NewSim Feedback

Week 3 Saturday Night:

Offensive holding penalty on a TD did not negate the play.

1625961644983.thumb.png.f3e3e470fc33bba92b2da369329d6d49.png

However, this play is NOT showing up in the individual stats for either Hiram Maronde or Andrew Jones.

1625961848492.thumb.png.221442fad0d029686e7758ed93f58bab.png

I assume this play was a run? Maronde is credited with 2 rushing TDs but only one is described in the play-by-play.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we have seen that first one before. And I think the second one is just a bug with how it reports scrambles. That looks like he was pressured and decided to get out of dodge and just run it.

13:38UNLV4518 UNLVPuntP Andrew Noel punts for 72 yards. RB Fernando Gonzalez returns the ball 11 yards. Tackled by CB Stefon White. PENALTY: Holding Returning Team ILB Chris Roethlisberger
13:28TTU11011 UNLVRunRB Fernando Gonzalez carries for 1 yard. Tackled by DT Rashad Jones.
12:45TTU2910 UNLVRunRB Fernando Gonzalez carries for 4 yards. Ran out of bounds.
12:27TTU356 UNLVPassQB Reggie Chavis incomplete. Intended for TE Jake Davis.
12:15TTU456 UNLVField GoalK Luis Terdoslavich's 23 yard field goal attempt is good.

I'm not sure what happened here. My math may be wrong, but a 72 yard punt means it should've been fielded at the TTU 12. A holding penalty would be half the distance so I should have had the ball starting at the TTU 6 yard line.

May be a good idea to add a line item into the box scores that mention which users (or if an AI) coached which team. Would help getting people familiar with what teams each coach takes care of and just makes it easier to shit talk.
  • Like 3

48:51BGSU222 KENTPassQB Jurickson Elflein complete to WR Nick Fields for 1 yard. Tackled by CB Walter Guy.
48:14BGSU311 KENTPassQB Jurickson Elflein incomplete. Intended for WR Nick Fields. PENALTY: Horse Collar Tackle OLB Morgan Purke
47:55BGSU1-14-14 KENTPassQB Jurickson Elflein incomplete. Intended for RB Aaron Derby.
47:36BGSUN/AN/A3 KENTExtra PointK J.J. Ryan's extra point attempt is good.
47:36BGSUN/AN/A35 BGSUKickoffK Rudy Howell kicks for 55 yards. Fielded at the 10 yardline by WR Damian JurrjensWR Damian Jurrjens returns the ball 21 yards. Tackled by CB Christian Minaya.

Not sure what happened on this one.

Screenshot_20210724-120705.thumb.png.911b6392fb3db1a75d09d6094cda267e.png

Looks like it gave WVU the TD in the score, but did not give Adams the TD in the stats. With a hold i guess it should be called back, but since it didn't count it in the stats it seems to be half working.

• Like 1

I feel a very helpful feature would be a column to the right of the play-by-play providing a running score. It would be most helpful to follow the game flow (and to confirm all scoring plays). This feature would definitely improve the play-by-play information. A running score might also provide an opportunity to cover the final score and follow the play-by-play to add excitement of the game as the score is revealed as the game goes on (my preference).

I also echo the comments on coaches names appearing with teams and standings (actually takes some work to figure out in this world as I have yet to find an easy updated listing).

• Like 1

The coach's names isn't too bad, but the standings cannot be updated automatically just yet. We will need the interface to do that, so until then we will need to update them manually. I try my best to have them updated and posted to the daily discussion forum (the one with the game week discussions) at least the day after games.

• 2 weeks later...

410:8FIU31249 UNTRunRB Kyle Thompson carries for 3 yards. Tackled by DT Kyle Petty. PENALTY: Offensive Holding OT Richard Plutko
49:57FIU31049 UNTPassQB Nathan Almora complete to WR Shane Armenteros for 6 yards. Tackled by CB Thomas Kelly.

FIU had a 0 yard penalty here

• Like 1