Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2020] Georgetown Announces 2021 Recruiting Class

1618851202364.png.8f3ab7336512b682091cac34badb17b6.png

The Georgetown Hoyas is please to announce their 2021 recruiting class. Beat writer Jeffrey McCool was able to catch up with Hoyas' head coach SageBow for a quick interview.

Coach, thanks for your time today. Tell me about these guys you've just signed.

Thanks Jeff, I gotta say, I'm ecstatic with the guys we've been able to get committed in this 2021 class. Donald Robinson's a big forward out of Hawaii, a top 25 level guy. He's got size, finishing, but what really stood out to us is he's a tenacious defender. He's going to be a fun one to watch for years to come. Next, local star Jim O'Brien, he's been somewhat of a legend here in the DMV. One of the truest point guards we've ever developed in this region and I'm so happy he chose to stay at home. Lastly, Preston Baldwin from Ohio. A big kid that can do a lot of things for us down in the post. Real toolsy, but raw, he's only been playing ball for 3 years believe it or not.

Coach talk me through Donald Robinson and what he brings to this team.

Man just size and talent. Great hands, great footwork for a 6-5 kid. We saw him at a big AAU event and were just wowed. Exceptionally strong for his age and he's only going to get stronger. Just a bully on the low block defensively. He's absolutely up there with the elite talent we've come to see out of the West Coast year in and year out.

Jim O'Brien has been outstanding these past 3 years we've gotten to know him in DC. What are you looking forward to from him?

A guy that we've pursued hard from Day 1. Jim's a speed demon that could be in the starting line up this fall. He's so fast, so sharp with the ball, and is a guy that we can see develop into one of the best point guards in the nation. He's got unselfish tendencies and plays good defense that will only get better as he gets bigger, but we think he's got a good shot of becoming a great 3 point threat in the future. Just a really solid, all-around guard.

If I can be frank, Preston Baldwin is a guy unranked by the national syndicate. What made you guys offer a scholarship for him?

Come on now Jeff! Any coach worth his salt will say the same mantra. Stars don't matter, players do. Baldwin is a guy that's only played since his Sophomore year of high school, after a huge growth spurt. He's got the frame, he's got the wingspan, he's got the stamina, he just needs someone to teach him ball. I can't teach you to be tall, but I can teach you shooting, ball handling, defense, the nuts and bolts of the game. Extremely coachable guy, high energy, great enthusiasm for the game and a great guy to have in the locker room with everyone else. He's going to be a guy that the rankings just completely missed on.

Coach, just want a recap, what does these 3 guys add to the Hoyas.

Well, as a coach you're always trying to better your squad, and it's always a little reflective of the current circumstances. We've really surprised the world and had an excellent season, being ranked in the top 10 nationally. The key has been the excellent team spirit. Guys just like playing with guys they like, and it was important to us that the players we added fit the mold, but also pushed the mold. Donald, Jim, Preston, these guys are competitors. They want to come in here day 1 and push the guys that have already been here. Chase and Harold are likely to be our only returning starters, so there's 3 spots open for the rest of the team. Getting guys that will compete everyday for these roles was essential. Hoya nation, we've got some good ones!

Thanks coach, any final statements?

Only three home games left this season. Please come support your team fans as we make our push into the postseason.

• zamn 1