Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2020] Week 6 POTW

Week 2 POTW

Tulane F Roger Stewart 6-8 Sr [Kansas****]

1617930656589.thumb.png.e0493ef2ef00b845897e798e2956145e.png

Senior forward Roger Stewart has won his second career National Player of the Week Award He was able to sit down with one of our reporters here at SageBow News Network

Roger, congratulations on winning Week 6 POTW and your second award overall! Great games against West Virginia and Jacksonville as your Tulane team is roaring to life in the midseason, what's led to this resurgence?

I think we have really started to click as a team, I feel like everyone on the team is starting to fit into the roles coach wants them too. I also think just we found a way to win consistently. We never had a problem with wining, the problem was always trying to follow up a win with another win. I feel like now since we are getting more consistent with our high level play we can finally show how good this team really is.

Tulane's still in the running to make a tournament spot. What do you personally have to bring to make sure this team qualifies?

I think I have to keep doing what I have been doing I feel like the reason I was voted player of the week was because I was able to put up good numbers on great efficiency. I shot 75% from the field and 40% from 3 against West Virginia. I also shot 77% from the field and 50% from 3 against Jacksonville. I think I need to capitalize on the fact that I have been really efficient lately, however I feel that I also need to keep getting my teammates involved for a full balanced offense.

As one of the top collegiate basketball players, how has balancing school and ball gone for you so far?

I focus most of my attention into getting better and elevating my game to become the best basketball player that I can be. I do feel that school is important so I work my hardest to keep my grades up. I feel that my school work is very important and something that I can't skip out on.

You're very high up many draft boards. What's going with your decision if you wish to turn professional or not?

I would love to stay with Tulane. I feel that this is a team that is going to be good for years to come. With that being said I feel that I can play at the professional level. I think that even if I was given the choice to have an extra year I would still go pro. This is not anything against Tulane I just feel like I am ready to take the next step in my game and since I am as high up as I am why should I risk an injury.

Thanks for the interview Roger. Any final shout outs before I leave?

I just want to say thanks for the interview and thank everyone for the support.