Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2020] Week 5 POTW

Week 5 POTW

SMU F Jose Foster 6-5 Sr [Florida****]

1617586466317.png.d9c593fc753a62959cb42e696dd284b6.png

Jose Foster claims the first ever double POTW, winning Week 4 and Week 5. We managed to grab him on a zoom in between classes.

Jose fancy seeing you again. Two awards in two weeks, what's led to this midseason emergence?

We just needed to work out the kinks. It's a process every team goes through, and I'm happy with the results so far. I think that when we're at our best, we're the team to beat in the country.

After probably the best 4 game stretch we've ever seen, you've put yourself firmly in the position to win the Naismith. Who would you pen as your rivals for that award?

I mean Roger Stewart was the preseason favorite, and he's had some great games so far so I'd say it's gotta be him. But even then, I'm not focused on being better than Roger, I'm focused on being better than the guy I'm playing against on any given night. I want championships, not individual awards, though I'd be extremely happy to have both.

What about a potential #1 pick in the NBA draft? First ever pick in the league has got to mean something to you?

That would be nice, but that's something I'll focus more on once the season is over. Hopefully a couple weeks after we cut down the nets though.

Despite your heroics, SMU is in a very tough Plains conference. Against great teams like Colorado State and South Dakota State, what do you personally need to contribute for this team to be successful?

I think double doubles in regards to points/rebounds would be a good start. If I play the game thats set out by coach I know I can help the team out immensely by scoring and rebounding, my bread and butter.

Well let’s leave with another shout out to the nation. Good luck this upcoming week Jose!

Just a quick shoutout to the fans for being the best in the country. We're gonna need ya going forward cause like we were talking about before, this is a tough conference and we need to get as much of a home court advantage as possible. Go Stangs!

• Like 1