Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2020] Week 4 POTW

Week 4 POTW

SMU F Jose Foster 6-5 Sr [Florida****]

1616590872571.png.ca76b3f79866e2fad39d03ec25d613f8.png

Senior forward Jose Foster dominated this past week and now has a POTW accolade in his name. He was able to sit down with one of our reporters here at SageBow News Network

Congratulations Jose for winning National Player of the Week. Tremendous performances against 2 of the best teams in the country, lets start with game 1. You torched UC Irvine with a massive 27 point, 10 rebound double-double in a 1 point loss. Talk me through that game

It was a solid effort by all of us and I was able to take advantage of some mismatches, but at the end of the day it's still a loss. That was a game we should of had but we couldn't close it out, so we're a bit disappointed in that regard. But it also shows that we can play with the best of em, and we proved that by coming out the next game and beating the #2 team in the country.

Speaking of the second game, you were a dominant force in the low block in a huge upset for SMU. What’s this win mean for yourself and your team?

I thought it would help us get more national recognition in the form of a top 10 ranking, but I guess we still need to prove ourselves some. Either way, we're striving to go 2-0 every week and are not too worried about what the media thinks of us. If we play our game we win, if we don't we lose. The rest will sort itself out.

You’re one of the most consistent front court players in the country right now. How do your teammates build around you being the focal point for this Mustangs team

We know the other team is gonna focus on stopping me first, so we build our offense around me getting the ball to open teammates or setting up screens for me to catch and shoot or drive to the rim. I'll do whatever it takes to get a win, I'm not gonna go out there and "get mine" so to speak. There's a reason it's 5v5 and not 1v1. It's a team game, we all gotta step up when we need to.

Jose, you were listed as a Preseason All-American and shortlisted for the Wooden. What would winning these individual accolades mean to you?

It would look nice in my trophy case but I'm more focused on getting us a ring. I'd gladly take a championship over any other accolade.

Thanks for the interview Jose. Before I leave, do you have any shout outs?

Yeah shout out to Fernando at The Barber Shop on 7th Street, givin me fresh fades since I was 9! Freshest cuts in the biz!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Foster was definitely the best player Irvine has played all year. He was incredibly difficult to handle, and will make waves in the league one day. Best of luck to him!