Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2020] Week 3 POTW

Week 3 POTW

Tennessee F Raymond Rivera 6-5 Sr [New Hampshire****]

1616201363147.thumb.png.7ec3463333cb7d5ebe5c3cdf6dcd6f60.png

Senior forward Raymond Rivera has been one of the top players in the nation and now has a POTW accolade in his name. He was able to sit down with one of our reporters here at SageBow News Network

Congratulations Raymond on winning National Player of the Week! Leader of the very talented Tennessee Volunteers, you turned in two dazzling performances against Omaha and South Dakota State. What made you just take control of these two games?

Thank you, first of all I’d like everyone to know I’d trade any award for wins and I’m still heated over that SDSU game. Don’t worry Tennessee fans, we’re grinding hard and we’ll make you proud. I’d just like to thank my teammates and my coach for trusting me. It’s a group effort and we’ve got our eyes on the prize. Hoping for many more of these games to come

You were considered one of the Preseason front runners for the Naismith. Do you feel like you’ve met those lofty expectations through 3 weeks?

Honestly my own expectations for myself are much higher than I've shown so far. I've had a few too many turnovers for sure, but overall I think I'm on a good personal trajectory. But I know it's meaningless if we don't get the W's to show for it. This is my last year and I want to show I'm the total package to any NBA scouts. Hopefully we'll be having the same conversation at the end of the season

You and teammate Keith Sanchez have formed a formidable 1-2 punch. What is y’all’s relationship like on and off the court?

Honestly, as recruits i did not like that dude. We had an official visit together and just never clicked. We both wound up signing and had the most ridiculous move-in story. Total luck but we happened to be moving in at the same time with some of the trainers helping out and we got stuck in the elevator. An hour and a half just chilling together and you know how cramped that must have been! That was really my first time just chilling and found out he was a cool dude. That point on we’ve just been closer and closer and the last 2 years have been roommates too. So blessed to have him as a teammate

So cool! You’re currently on track to win this season’s scoring title. What would that accolade mean for you?

It would be validation of all the sweat and tears and hard work I’ve put in my whole life. Being at this stage is a dream come true, and I hope I get the chance to keep it up .

Thanks for the interview Raymond! Before I leave do you have any shoutouts to the national audience?

Shout out to my mom of course, also my girl Sage, miss you babe

Edited by SageBow
  • Like 3