Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2020] Week 2 POTW

Week 2 POTW

Tulane F Roger Stewart 6-8 Sr [Kansas****]

1615336378905.thumb.png.ec2df7ec0e6a7af98bb237d144940285.png

Senior forward Roger Stewart is currently the leader and captain of a very strong Tulane team. He was able to sit down with one of our reporters here at SageBow News Network

Roger, congratulations on winning the second ever Player of the Week award. Lets go chronologically. Tough 1-point loss that came down to the last possession against Wisconsin. How did that final sequence play out for you?

I think we gave it our all, in those close games it usually comes down to a coin flip. Coach has told us he is going to be trying to change up the gameplan in the future to try and get some better results but I have full confidence in us to bounce back and give it our all night in and night out.

It just came down to us needing a little bit more in the end of that game and we did not have that in us. It was a tough loss and I fault myself I know I should be taking more shots as the leader and I know I have not been getting enough shots up. Moving forward I am going to try to become more of a leader on the court I want those big moments and I know I have the skill to capitalize.

You sure turned it around with a huge double-double against Western Michigan over the weekend. How was the week of practice in between the two games and how did that impact your performance?

I think that is when it all clicked into place for me. I realized that even though this is a team game and I have some great teammates I need to be the go to guy who can get a bucket and someone that the team can run the offense through to get us some points or momentum. I think coach drove home the fact that I need to be putting up more shots and I feel like Coach and the rest of the team had confidence in my ability to play at a high level. As the game went on I started to get more comfortable. I ended up shooting 26 shots and making 14 to go 58% from the field which was a big confidence booster and to top it of with the win was great. I am just happy that even though we are 2-2 on the season we really are starting to look like a team that can make a deep run.

I think in the end it comes down to me being able to play at the level my teammates and coach know I can and that double-double was a big step I would be looking out for some big games from me but don't count my team out of it we would not be where we are without the help of our bigs defense and paint game or our guards shooting. In the end as long as we are winning games I couldn't care less about my own stats.

Tulane had extremely high expectations coming into this season. What would mark this year as a success for you and a success for your team?

We obviously want to win it all, that is the ultimate goal. I do think that anything better than making a run is a success. This year we think we can win it all but we have a good group of guys coming back just establishing ourselves as a top 5 team going into next season will go a long way for the future of this program. I think a big emphasis has been on not just winning but on developing players and trying to figure out what will and wont work so that we could be a great team for years to come.

In terms for me a successful season would be to just show the world what Roger Stewart can do. I want to show everyone what a great player I am and how much better I can be with more experience. I would call it a success if I can just go out there and continue to play at a high level. In terms of the end of the season I would call it a success if I become an All-American and if I see my name in talks for the Wooden Award.

I have big goals and I know that I will be able to be considered one of the top 5 players this season.

Thanks for your time Roger and good luck going forward. Before I leave, do you have anything you'd like to say to the nation?

I just want to say thank you for the great interview. I would also like to thank everyone who has supported me and tell everyone to watch me and my team going forward. The season just started and things are about to get fun.

• Like 4