Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Interface Feedback Thread

For scheme checking: Is it possible to add a teams primary offensive/defensive scheme to their roster view or on the schedule page for easy viewing?

On 5/22/2023 at 8:33 AM, TuscanSota said:

Fix for viewing practice squad players on other rosters complete.

thank you. i know how busy you are and appreciate the responsiveness

More than likely something dumb I am doing but since we are post draft should this not be a valid offer? (this is just a random player, its the same for all of them)

image.thumb.png.9b4ffb3702b6b47aabcc6e3fccb3d90a.png

1 hour ago, Suffocation said:

More than likely something dumb I am doing but since we are post draft should this not be a valid offer? (this is just a random player, its the same for all of them)

image.thumb.png.9b4ffb3702b6b47aabcc6e3fccb3d90a.png

They're asking for 0.7 minimum value, your offer is worth 0.4.

The green "gameplan saved" dialog box no longer appears when I try to save changes in any league. Not sure if the gameplans are saving correctly or not.

17 hours ago, Piercewise1 said:

The green "gameplan saved" dialog box no longer appears when I try to save changes in any league. Not sure if the gameplans are saving correctly or not.

Fixed

On 5/23/2023 at 8:16 AM, tsweezy said:

For scheme checking: Is it possible to add a teams primary offensive/defensive scheme to their roster view or on the schedule page for easy viewing?

Not a bad idea, would require some time to think on the right implementation for this. I'll think on it.

• Like 1

Can we have a filter added to the news for "Gameplan" news types? 

Also - it seems to not be working correctly at the moment.  It isn't saying what they switched to. 

Screenshot_20230528-193750.png

Accidentally placed a played (WR Andy Jones) on the practice squad.  Trying to remove him and it shows that I have, but then any other screen I go to or if I refresh, he is back on it, which also jacks up my depth chart.

Not sure if this is interface specific, but I think we should work out a way for future seasons, for players being put on the PS to go through waivers rather than having their contract just completely disappear. 

Anyway, I just cut a player off of my PS, which actually puts him into waivers, for $0? So my recommendation (and obviously I dont know how to code so maybe it has to be this way, but still voicing my opinion) is to flip the order (ex: Waivers -> Either claimed [keep contract] or join PS ["lose" contract] -> Cut ->  FA)

WfoX1EQ.png

12 hours ago, Pumph said:

Accidentally placed a played (WR Andy Jones) on the practice squad.  Trying to remove him and it shows that I have, but then any other screen I go to or if I refresh, he is back on it, which also jacks up my depth chart.

Please read the latest Dev Diary, as this changed how the initial practice squad functionality was working. Basically placing a player on the PS removes the contract outright. The only way to place them back on is to offer them a new contract.

I've already placed Andy Jones back onto your roster. Please be more careful next time.

11 hours ago, Bundy said:

Not sure if this is interface specific, but I think we should work out a way for future seasons, for players being put on the PS to go through waivers rather than having their contract just completely disappear. 

Anyway, I just cut a player off of my PS, which actually puts him into waivers, for $0? So my recommendation (and obviously I dont know how to code so maybe it has to be this way, but still voicing my opinion) is to flip the order (ex: Waivers -> Either claimed [keep contract] or join PS ["lose" contract] -> Cut ->  FA)

WfoX1EQ.png

The previous implementation I had involved the contract being retained, but that teams wanting to pick up players from the PS had to pick up their contract. I was told this was not how it worked in the NFL, which led to the current format. I'm open to changing the feature as needed, but I need to know what exactly is being done when a player is placed on the PS.

Either way, PS players being cut should be going to FA, not the waiver wire, so this is a fix I will be adding in.

• Like 1

PS player owning teams should be able to promote their players immediately.  They have final matching rights, as it is, so having to wait until the FA sync to sign a PS guy doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.  

It compresses the timeline to make changes and doesn't really give the owning team any chance to course correct.

Edit again .. sorry

I don't have a preference on how it's implemented, but I would propose we either have more FA/PS signing syncs during the week, or shift it to be earlier in the week.  Having the FA sync on the same day as the games being simmed, really does not give teams any opportunity to make roster adjustments between games.  

Edited by smackemz

22 hours ago, smackemz said:

PS player owning teams should be able to promote their players immediately.  They have final matching rights, as it is, so having to wait until the FA sync to sign a PS guy doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.  

It compresses the timeline to make changes and doesn't really give the owning team any chance to course correct.

Edit again .. sorry

I don't have a preference on how it's implemented, but I would propose we either have more FA/PS signing syncs during the week, or shift it to be earlier in the week.  Having the FA sync on the same day as the games being simmed, really does not give teams any opportunity to make roster adjustments between games.  

I will look into adjusting this when I have time. I am open to having more Free Agency Syncs, considering that admin now have control over the sync with the click of a button. They were supposed to be on Tuesdays, as a means of allowing teams at least 24 hours to make changes prior to games being ran.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, npklemm said:

This may have been addressed elsewhere, but would be possible to export Depth Charts (both your team and other team's) from the Interface?

I can look into this in the next offseason

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TuscanSota said:

I will look into adjusting this when I have time. I am open to having more Free Agency Syncs, considering that admin now have control over the sync with the click of a button. They were supposed to be on Tuesdays, as a means of allowing teams at least 24 hours to make changes prior to games being ran.

Tuesdays make sense - I think we're all on the same page now after the schedule update. 

• Like 1

in simNFL, I have selected a player to move off the practice squad, say yes to the pop up screen and player shows as on PS on the roster and not available on the depth chart

3 hours ago, kwheele said:

in simNFL, I have selected a player to move off the practice squad, say yes to the pop up screen and player shows as on PS on the roster and not available on the depth chart

Adding to this. Yesterday I accidentally put OLB Carlos Feliz on the practice squad.  After doing I made him an offer so that he could come back to the roster, however; after today's FA sync he is still on the practice squad. 

The news page mentions he signed with us, but he's still showing on the PS.  

Edited by smackemz

3 hours ago, smackemz said:

Adding to this. Yesterday I accidentally put OLB Carlos Feliz on the practice squad.  After doing I made him an offer so that he could come back to the roster, however; after today's FA sync he is still on the practice squad. 

The news page mentions he signed with us, but he's still showing on the PS.  

This is a bug that I will be looking into, will adjust in a moment.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TuscanSota said:

This is a bug that I will be looking into, will adjust in a moment.

Thanks. Sorry - It's my fault for putting him there. 

Suggesting this before it happens

If a player gets a season-ending injury prior to week 4, can they be automatically granted a (medical) redshirt? As in they take a redshirt for that year if they haven't already has one

• Like 1