Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Interface Feedback Thread

12 hours ago, Minnow said:

C Allen Keller is showing up as a Redshirt sophmore, despite him being redshirted for his freshman year last year. He started in 2 games prior to me redshirting him, so it seems like it progressed him a year while also burning the redshirt. My roster shows him as a RS Freshman but the gameplan shows him as a redshirt sophmore. 

image.thumb.png.118ec8bca52f163fa55b39f62c76638c.png

I’ll take a look at this. I redshirted two freshmen last year; however, they’re listed as redshirt freshmen this year.

If anyone else is running into a similar issue, please reach out.

3 hours ago, TuscanSota said:

I’ll take a look at this. I redshirted two freshmen last year; however, they’re listed as redshirt freshmen this year.

If anyone else is running into a similar issue, please reach out.

Glenn Dinh is also having a similar issue I have found out.
So is Joshua Morris, Brian Turner, Derrick Gaylord, 
Gregory Evans also has something wonky happening

image.thumb.png.b8357a4fca1f747e80a6239c18a0c3ee.png

image.thumb.png.4cf3e300ab098778f440de0c772c2dd7.png

image.thumb.png.f20b9e0652bbdffe7e735adbdb3a05c3.png

Edited by Minnow

you can take your time but the gameplan dev diary says the max you can set your blitz is 60% and the lowest is 15% but currently nothing is stopping you from going above or below that

• Like 1

Postup.png.02547dc994fedc66e5cd2148455a4491.png

Interface suggests range for 3-point shots in Post-Up is 15-40. Dev Diary says it is 5-15.

EDIT: I got it up to 16 and the interface still gives me the same error message.

On 5/11/2023 at 8:17 AM, Piercewise1 said:

Postup.png.02547dc994fedc66e5cd2148455a4491.png

Interface suggests range for 3-point shots in Post-Up is 15-40. Dev Diary says it is 5-15.

EDIT: I got it up to 16 and the interface still gives me the same error message.

Issue should be resolved now

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if others feel the same way, but I'd really like the players to be sorted by position with the positions groups "in order"

QB, RB, WR, TE, OT, OG, C, DE, DT, OLB, ILB, CB, FS, SS, K, P

Now, they get sorted alphabetically, and then I have to go find the position group, and I can't see all OL together, for instance.

• Love 1

On the NFL interface, is there a way to see other team's practice squad players without clicking through every year 1, 2 or 3 players?

Also, how do you elevate a player on your own PS back to the main roster? You can't unclick them or get a dialogue box to move them back to the main roster

FInally, how does one claim a PS player from another team on the interface after they have cleared waivers?

Edited by kwheele

29 minutes ago, Pumph said:

I don't know if others feel the same way, but I'd really like the players to be sorted by position with the positions groups "in order"

QB, RB, WR, TE, OT, OG, C, DE, DT, OLB, ILB, CB, FS, SS, K, P

Now, they get sorted alphabetically, and then I have to go find the position group, and I can't see all OL together, for instance.

This will likely be a change for next offseason, but I love this feedback.

16 minutes ago, kwheele said:

On the NFL interface, is there a way to see other team's practice squad players without clicking through every year 1, 2 or 3 players?

Also, how do you elevate a player on your own PS back to the main roster? You can't unclick them or get a dialogue box to move them back to the main roster

FInally, how does one claim a PS player from another team on the interface?

I will work on a fix for this.

For moving a player back to the main roster, you just click the button again. A modal will appear allowing you to place your own PS player back on the main roster.

As for claiming a player, I need to finish the Waiver Wire changes. Please be patient.

A pair of NFL issues

• [Trade Block] Proposing a trade involving players does not currently work.  As soon as a player is chosen from either team, the screen goes black instead of showing the Salary Percentage prompt.  (Occurred on laptop and mobile both)
    • Selecting picks for trade works normally, maybe it's an issue with calling the Salary Percentage box?

• [Roster - minor] When removing a player from the Trade Block, I get the confirmation message that asks if I'm sure about putting this player ON the Trade Block.  Removing a player should have a different message.
  • Like 1

NFL:

I have 2 QB's on my roster and no Punter (I have a FA offer out on one).

However, I cannot update my DC because I cut one of my QB's, so no changes I make to the DC can be saved, and I have virtually all backups in starter roles. 

53 minutes ago, Jieret said:

A pair of NFL issues

• [Trade Block] Proposing a trade involving players does not currently work.  As soon as a player is chosen from either team, the screen goes black instead of showing the Salary Percentage prompt.  (Occurred on laptop and mobile both)
    • Selecting picks for trade works normally, maybe it's an issue with calling the Salary Percentage box?

• [Roster - minor] When removing a player from the Trade Block, I get the confirmation message that asks if I'm sure about putting this player ON the Trade Block.  Removing a player should have a different message.

It does the same thing for Practice Squad.  (asking if you want to put them ON)  But it actually takes them off if you select a second time.

This is just more general feedback, but until the interface is more mobile friendly can anything important also be posted on the site and not only on the interface? Example: NBA offer results are only in the news tab, I’ve been out of town without my laptop and hence haven’t been able to see my results, would be nice to check it in a thread as well.  

I would say like 90% of my time on the site is mobile, but maybe I am in the minority on this. 

Edited by Jmjacobs

I'd love a read only view of the primary offensive and defensive scheme on the depth chart page.  

This would make scouting opponents a little easier and would also be clutch for the AI teams. Especially for week 1. 

4 hours ago, Jmjacobs said:

This is just more general feedback, but until the interface is more mobile friendly can anything important also be posted on the site and not only on the interface? Example: NBA offer results are only in the news tab, I’ve been out of town without my laptop and hence haven’t been able to see my results, would be nice to check it in a thread as well.  

I would say like 90% of my time on the site is mobile, but maybe I am in the minority on this. 

The basketball leagues do need to be more mobile friendly, I agree with this. Between development for four different leagues, I've been stretched thin as of late trying to put out fires on a number of small bugs. Once CFB and NFL is done, I can try and give a hand on focusing on making basketball more mobile friendly

• Like 2

4 hours ago, npklemm said:

NFL:

I have 2 QB's on my roster and no Punter (I have a FA offer out on one).

However, I cannot update my DC because I cut one of my QB's, so no changes I make to the DC can be saved, and I have virtually all backups in starter roles. 

A starter can be placed in a backup role.

55 minutes ago, TuscanSota said:

A starter can be placed in a backup role.

What I'm saying is because I don't have 3 eligible players to put in my QB spot, I cannot update my depth chart at all. I had a guy as QB2 in pre season but cut him, so now I only have 2 QBs on the rosoand can't update my DC

6 hours ago, Jieret said:

A pair of NFL issues

Fixed the tradeblock issue

15 minutes ago, subsequent said:

When selecting a player from a trade block to trade, the entire window goes black.

Fixed the trade block issue

15 minutes ago, npklemm said:

What I'm saying is because I don't have 3 eligible players to put in my QB spot, I cannot update my depth chart at all. I had a guy as QB2 in pre season but cut him, so now I only have 2 QBs on the rosoand can't update my DC

Okay, I see the issue... usually in this scenario I place a kicker or punter at QB3, but it looks like you don't have a punter?

There currently isn't a 'None' option, and the codebase isn't setup for this to be selectable due to the way I have the validation being ran for the DC. For now, I'm going to add RB, TE and Kicker as options on the QB selection options.

• Like 2