Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Interface Feedback Thread

SimNFL Player Cards:

• Add drafted round and pick along in Drafted Team section

SimNFL Free Agency and Free Agency Offer Page:

• Add a way to see projected cap hit based on offers that have or have not been accepted yet

SimNFL Free Agency Cards:

• Add team history (though this might be already planned on the Seasonal Stats section), maybe with past contracts?

• Like 1

I agree with something like this. One of the struggles I've had with SFA (college, NFL, and NBA) is knowing who is which team. I feel like a lot of identities have not been strongly established, and seeing the coaches for the other teams (maybe when hovering over them or maybe a separate place to list it) would be helpful.
  • Like 1

@TuscanSota Not sure how feasible this is, but would it be possible to have the interface link posted games to the schedule? For instance, if I play Kansas in Week 5, when I click on that game in my schedule after it has been played, it would take me to the thread where that game is posted (or just open up the box score for that game)

Reason this is a need: Because looking back, I may not remember if the game is Thursday Night, Friday Night, Saturday Morning, Saturday Afternoon, Saturday Evening, or Saturday Late Night, and instead of searching 6 different threads, having it with one click directly attached to my schedule would be game-changing.

for example, I did this with my bowl game this past year. I could not remember which session it was played in or who my opponent was, so it took some time to unearth it.

• Like 2

I can figure out a solution for this. One of the changes I was thinking of was including the timeslot for each game on the schedules page, so that this information would be available to the user. As for a link, I would need to do some research on making something like this dynamic based on the way we upload games to the site.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

When you copy paste text from the interface and you are on nightmode, it pastes text in white. Is it possible to have it paste in "default color?"

Not sure if this is possible or not.

Issue with NFL roster page re:sorting

-sorting players function duplicates player names on the player list, making actions (“place player on trade block”) talk about other players on the list

Contract below is completely flat, but interface says it's increasing too much.

Disregard, I needed to enter 0 in the Y4 and Y5 fields. Keeping up for visibility,

FA_Error.thumb.png.4ca3baaff2dfbafd9ef8158d15700e70.png

Interface does not accept fully guaranteed contracts greater than 1 year in length. There is no way to tell the contract offer modal that I would like the bonus to be applied over multiple years without putting something in the salary field for each year I want to add.

in FA thread on interface, if you sort by position and then offer a contract to "player 3" of that position, its actually offering the contract to "player 3" on the entire FA list

53 minutes ago, Bundy said:

in FA thread on interface, if you sort by position and then offer a contract to "player 3" of that position, its actually offering the contract to "player 3" on the entire FA list

ZJxNCw9.png

for example, I made an offer on the 3rd listed TE, but instead its showing up on the RB, after refreshing the page, and when you sort by position, it doesnt show that I offered the TE

Edited by Bundy

Interface is accepting bids that violate the 500k minimum yearly pay rule:

image.thumb.png.4dd355e94806614aaa2248e06ce4acf8.png

I then cancelled the bid and placed a proper one, but I am not allowed to even though we are in an Open status - the "Yes" button is greyed out.image.thumb.png.3ec57e8963f9594923d7265b00f866b4.png 

Edited by Jieret

Also, the screenshot below violates rule 6 as currently written but does not trigger it.  Is rule 6 supposed to say "An input for total pay..." aka instead of salary?image.thumb.png.a34a48582fe1fefd1d58b1b18664dc5a.png

I'm constantly getting an error when I try to access free agency where this screen pops up for about a second and the entire thing goes black. Happened in Firefox before I could do anything, hopped in Chrome and was browsing players, browsed to another part of the interface and when I hopped back to free agency the same bug was happening in Chrome.

Screenshot 2023-03-16 124701.png

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I'm constantly getting an error when I try to access free agency where this screen pops up for about a second and the entire thing goes black. Happened in Firefox before I could do anything, hopped in Chrome and was browsing players, browsed to another part of the interface and when I hopped back to free agency the same bug was happening in Chrome.

Screenshot 2023-03-16 124701.png

Can you send me through Discord a screenshot of what your browser's console looks like?

3 hours ago, Rocketcan said:

Interface does not accept fully guaranteed contracts greater than 1 year in length. There is no way to tell the contract offer modal that I would like the bonus to be applied over multiple years without putting something in the salary field for each year I want to add.

Interface now allows the user to input how many years they want the contract to be. This will allow users to input fully guaranteed contracts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bundy said:

ZJxNCw9.png

for example, I made an offer on the 3rd listed TE, but instead its showing up on the RB, after refreshing the page, and when you sort by position, it doesnt show that I offered the TE

This should be fixed now

3 hours ago, Jieret said:

Also, the screenshot below violates rule 6 as currently written but does not trigger it.  Is rule 6 supposed to say "An input for total pay..." aka instead of salary?image.thumb.png.a34a48582fe1fefd1d58b1b18664dc5a.png

@TuscanSotaI am pretty sure this shouldn't violate the rule. At least I think we have contracts that currently are like this. To add onto it, even though none of the rules are highlighted red, I still cannot offer a contract like this due to the "Yes" button being grayed out still.

image.thumb.png.5066e2631b160087908e49b98eb96942.png

6 minutes ago, Rocketcan said:

@TuscanSotaI am pretty sure this shouldn't violate the rule. At least I think we have contracts that currently are like this. To add onto it, even though none of the rules are highlighted red, I still cannot offer a contract like this due to the "Yes" button being grayed out still.

image.thumb.png.5066e2631b160087908e49b98eb96942.png

It's violating Rule 6 (as currently written) even though it doesn't turn red.  If you change the base salary from 0.3 to 0.5 the Yes button should enable.

4 minutes ago, Jieret said:

It's violating Rule 6 (as currently written) even though it doesn't turn red.  If you change the base salary from 0.3 to 0.5 the Yes button should enable.

It does, but I don't think that rule 6 should be written like that necessarily.

More feedback in general: I think the roster page should include a column with "Years Remaining on Contract" Or something liek that

Can we pleae add the feature to sort the columns on our Roster Pages? The Export data doesn't contain Cap Data, but to look at cap per position, I have to scroll up and down that page to find all the players in that group.