Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Interface Feedback Thread

Talked about it on the discord but posting it here so its not lost randomized rolls for how important an affinity is for a croot and the more important it is the higher the multiplier. Would have to be tested to make sure it’s not overpowered but IRL kids do not view each of their wants equally. For example someone can have the service academy affinity and also the close to home affinity but if he had to choose between those affinities he would pick close to home so that affinity would give a higher boost than the service academy affinity.
  • AngryHugParty 1

I believe there should be a more direct commitment decision timeline if multiple schools were in contention and 1 school has separated themselves for X number of weeks.

By separated I mean all others are in the unlikely category and the leader is still putting points.

Maybe this is a hold over from how the previous sim's recruiting works but being the lone leader for week after week, continuing to put heavy points AND no decision made can be extremely frustrating.

I also realize this goes against the realism factor intended with the unknown commitment timeline per player but from a game playing perspective I think it should be adjusted for the conditions I mentioned

Edited by Gigemags

That's a good point - similar to the NFL sim where if you're leading on a free agent for a certain amount of time they sign with you. How long should a croot hold out when only 1 team seriously pursues them?

Or if not having them sign immediately, how about giving teams bonus points for every week they're in the running? In Contention teams get an extra 1 point every week, but Strong Favorites get 5 (or something)

I also like Rocket's idea of raising the 50% threshold in later weeks. Basically anything that lets leaders pull away. Currently if you're not 100% then you're 67% or lower, and that gap is huge. And you can lead for weeks and then someone does a 20-bomb and you're hardly better than a coin flip.

My concern is that we're quickly moving toward a single "optimal" recruiting strategy where you bomb 3 guys, get commits, and then bomb 3 more. And if you don't play optimally you'll be at the mercy of the RNG when another player enters all your races mid-cycle.

• Like 1

Don't know if this has been said but the ability to filter on your own recruiting board so you don't have to scroll through your whole board to see if your going after a certain position
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When a player has a scholarship - the interface shows a green hat icon and a X icon on mobile. I was quickly looking through croots, during the morning, and thought since there were 2 icons that I needed to offer a scholly. I quickly clicked the green hat, disregarded the message, and revoked my scholly. This was unintentional and now I've lost out on a croot. That's fine - I should definitely read before making assumptions.

The recommendation is that the user should have to click the X icon to remove the scholarship. It's not intuitive that both the green hat and the x icon both remove the scholly. The green hat should only offer and if one already is offered, it should pop up a message that says something to that effect.

• 4 weeks later...

I know Tuscan already knows about this, but adding it here so we make sure we have record of it:

When going back to previous years for the stats page, players are now marked as "Grad" if they have graduated regardless of what year you have gone to. I think it might makes sense for this column to display the year in school they were for the year that these stats are from.

For example: 2021 stats should list Theo Scribner as Junior, not Grad and 2022 stats should list him as Senior.

• Like 1

It might be nice for player ID to be added to the stats page (and maybe any other page where a player is listed). This could help with making sure you are looking at who you think you are looking at.

I'm hesitant on doing this because player IDs are used in certain API calls and as references in the database. I think the only instance where a player ID will be needed is if two players with identical names are on the same team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Would be nice to be able to see when a player signed, potentially as a filter or at least somewhere on player card. Would allow those who don't or forget to track points on a weekly basis know what changed after syncs.
  • Like 1

If you're mentioning the acronym because of the recruiting class modal, that will take a bit more work on my end than I think people realize from a data perspective. I can get it working, just will need to problem solve this one.

As far as standardizing all dropdowns to be the same across the site, I'm going to put together a Quality of Life change after the NFL changes are done.

• Like 1

Quality of life suggesting regarding close to home affinity.

Would it be possible on the Recruiting Overview page that for example, if I filter it to Florida, with close to home affinity, could this be displayed in green if the croot is within my Close To Home region (Florida North)?