Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Interface Feedback Thread

I'm noticing that the OL stats are not showing up properly in the statistics page. For example, Miami got 9 sacks on the Raiders alone week 3, but there's only 5 total showing up on the statistics page. It does not go off of "loading more stats" even if search season is clicked again.

image.thumb.png.442d2bdf6eec968e5faea395c8b46421.png

Would it be possible to create offensive distribution profiles?

In my vision, there would be 3 to 5 offensive distribution profiles, and you would select which profile is used on the offensive formation page.

Each profile selector would be next to the named formation, and on the distribution page, it would be directly next to the title "Offensive Distributions"

image.png

On 5/15/2024 at 7:11 PM, Bundy said:

NDp05Hp.png

just spammed a bunch of focus plays and it let me save, but now I moved on to a different part of my gameplan and it keeps saying this, but wont let me clear my focus plays so that Im compliant (Im going to click reset gameplan and redo the entirety o it but posting this here in case others run into it)

Select a new focus play, and then click the X button in the multi-select dropdown. It should clear out the entire list.

On 5/20/2024 at 7:57 AM, alexfall862 said:

Traded players are eliminated from their previous team's stats and box score.

My backup QB was Russell Latimer, but now Adam Johnston is showing as having thrown passes in a game for Denver, and Russell is removed from boxscore and play by play exports.

A bit of an issue for data integrity, but I'm guessing also a gigantic pain in the ass to reconstruct something to fix it, because I'm assuming the box score must regenerate upon request instead of being stored, which is leading to traded players not showing since they're on the 'wrong' team and don't get successfully looked up?

I'm also guessing the transfer portal uses a similar or the same mechanic and that might cause issues.

image.thumb.png.636ed24321ee6fbbb21162dfa4715530.png

image.png.e5b4377fb1d0653631cf35fc58f273a7.png

image.png.6f91365df41eef387edbb93c363dbfcc.png

image.thumb.png.3e82b17af60924f861d0549edf3eb3bd.png
image.png.8fe0ee8bf0bf2ff497ce2355701d0d47.png

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I think I need to re-adjust how we record play by play stats and information in the event when players switch teams.

If you turn AI recruiting on after manually recruiting, it can sometimes revoke scholarships you've placed on croots as it removes them from your board. Or does the act of removing an offered player automatically revoke the scholly? (I haven't tried this myself yet)

I suggest not allowing AI to revoke scholarships already placed on croots/remove croots from your board - at least not without an explicit slider option and a warning prompt.

0 week injuries prevent you from saving your depth chart. It's a minor inconvenience when you have a long term injury paired with a 0 week injury. I either have to wait until Tuesday to fix my depth chart or remove a healthy player and then reinsert them 

NFL 2024 Season Standings are wrong. Records are not accurate and order is out, for example AFCE, Patriots should be in last. All teams show to have played 6 games when they should've only played 5 as it is week 5. 

image.png.d74b7796f0595b76bca93d6ec2828ec4.png

5 hours ago, Bingo415 said:

May 30, 2024 - 

'Reject' button not functional on NBA Trade Block

On 5/28/2024 at 1:31 PM, SageBow said:

NFL 2024 Season Standings are wrong. Records are not accurate and order is out, for example AFCE, Patriots should be in last. All teams show to have played 6 games when they should've only played 5 as it is week 5. 

image.png.d74b7796f0595b76bca93d6ec2828ec4.png

Fixed

Not sure if this is interface feedback or sim feedback but right now defensive touchdowns are not being totalled in the game results or in the season statistics

7 minutes ago, SageBow said:

Not sure if this is interface feedback or sim feedback but right now defensive touchdowns are not being totalled in the game results or in the season statistics

I will run a reset on CFB and NFL stats after this week to see if this resolves the issue

I don't know if this has been suggested previously but I really feel we need some sort of a notification system in place regarding practice squad players. I've just now noticed the Jets signed one of my practice squad guys and I was completely unaware of this. I know we have the news function but it doesn't stand out on there and I feel a good quality of life change would be for either a ping of some kind, or for practice squad offers to stand out some how, maybe with a red background or something. This would mean when loading up the interface it's a lot harder to miss.

Also, fuck you @Spooffor not telling me. No crumpets for you.

image.thumb.png.6e642fba371015569d83a8f7bea065aa.png

OT Don Williamson was injured for a half but shows up in depth chart and injury report as out for 2 weeks:

image.png.360d7cd5b6a2bb67e140557b280eaed7.png

image.thumb.png.5353b24baa3f6540c11945fbfaca741d.png

Also:

image.thumb.png.c7c7f7d8168e60f1cd061b032dac8332.png

RB Zach Graterol was injured for the game but shows up in the depth chart and injury report as out for a week:

image.png.58e6c0fb5a7e0750d1be2058edd281da.png

18 hours ago, PoopyRhinoPickle said:

image.thumb.png.6e642fba371015569d83a8f7bea065aa.png

OT Don Williamson was injured for a half but shows up in depth chart and injury report as out for 2 weeks:

image.png.360d7cd5b6a2bb67e140557b280eaed7.png

image.thumb.png.5353b24baa3f6540c11945fbfaca741d.png

Also:

image.thumb.png.c7c7f7d8168e60f1cd061b032dac8332.png

RB Zach Graterol was injured for the game but shows up in the depth chart and injury report as out for a week:

image.png.58e6c0fb5a7e0750d1be2058edd281da.png

I can't explain the first player, but I know that injuries are taken care of in the weekly syncs on Monday

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

After the sync, this recruit definitely has points on him but no logos are showing.  I think it's tied to the fact that AI Michigan State was set to sign him in Week 6, then... they just removed themselves from his board completely for some reason.  Ever since then this guy has been kind of screwy:

image.thumb.png.eda8c6e345200c63b35624e70ce0d42e.png

image.png.f7532a707921c865dc340d89bccddbb4.png

I can give more details in PM if needed.

EDIT: This one also has the "no logos" issue:
image.thumb.png.18a69f7b95402b7a2de50e46d499a0b6.png

Edited by Jieret

Trades are difficult to read on the main interface if they'retoo big, and they can't be seen on the actual news page because the drop down option is for Trade Block, not Trade.

(Plus it makes no mention of conditional picks and any salary retention. Relevant if the forum thread isn't used).

6 minutes ago, npklemm said:

Small QoL Request: Would it be possible to get the Team Records in the Schedule section?

Like W/L records? There's a standings modal for that.

On 6/5/2024 at 9:42 AM, Jieret said:

After the sync, this recruit definitely has points on him but no logos are showing.  I think it's tied to the fact that AI Michigan State was set to sign him in Week 6, then... they just removed themselves from his board completely for some reason.  Ever since then this guy has been kind of screwy:

image.thumb.png.eda8c6e345200c63b35624e70ce0d42e.png

image.png.f7532a707921c865dc340d89bccddbb4.png

I can give more details in PM if needed.

EDIT: This one also has the "no logos" issue:
image.thumb.png.18a69f7b95402b7a2de50e46d499a0b6.png

Part of this is due to how the AI recruiting works. They may have signed a different linebacker; and because their need for ILB is met, they've moved on from this player.

This type of logic is in place in order to prevent teams from signing too many players at one specific position (in this case, preventing a Michigan-level crisis).

3 hours ago, TuscanSota said:

Part of this is due to how the AI recruiting works. They may have signed a different linebacker; and because their need for ILB is met, they've moved on from this player.

This type of logic is in place in order to prevent teams from signing too many players at one specific position (in this case, preventing a Michigan-level crisis).

I figured the school dropping had to with the AI, but the concern is that since then no team logos show as leading for these players even with points allotted.  I can't say for sure, but I suspect that the "Strong Favorite/In Contention/Just Outside" designators aren't working properly either.

10 minutes ago, Jieret said:

I figured the school dropping had to with the AI, but the concern is that since then no team logos show as leading for these players even with points allotted.  I can't say for sure, but I suspect that the "Strong Favorite/In Contention/Just Outside" designators aren't working properly either.

I'm suspecting that teams haven't been allocating points towards this recruit, which is why the status hasn't changed.

A couple "grab bag" items:

NFL, Statistics page - still appears to be including preseason games

NFL, Schedule page - when  viewing by team, the page doesn't have the week # listed over the match-up the way CFB does

CFB/NFL, Gameplan page - "Run Stopper DT" is still listed as a Scheme Fit for 2-Gap (and possibly others) even though that archetype doesn't exist. Should be Nose Tackle

CBB, Roster page - last time I checked, the Cut Player button doesn't have a confirmation step or pop-up; the player just immediately disappears from your team and goes to the transfer portal. Could be disastrous if mis-clicked

Unsure if this will affect anything, but it appears there are 311 WRs in CFB who have an incorrectly spelled archetype.

"Possesion" instead of "Possession"

For example:

image.thumb.png.9e8e5a57f28ccc78889f2e4ca487217d.png

On 6/13/2024 at 2:39 PM, subsequent said:

Unsure if this will affect anything, but it appears there are 311 WRs in CFB who have an incorrectly spelled archetype.

"Possesion" instead of "Possession"

For example:

image.thumb.png.9e8e5a57f28ccc78889f2e4ca487217d.png

Fixed

• Like 1