Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Interface Feedback Thread

13 minutes ago, Piercewise1 said:

Browns traded for DE Todd Showalter during the draft. His Bonus should be dead money on the other team's cap but currently it's hitting the Browns cap

showalter.thumb.png.16d66d1e533914b597cd598b90182c7d.png

Fixed

• Like 1

Looks like an extra 2025 6th was given to the Jets during the '24 draft. Philadelphia owns the rights to that pick by trade (it shows up as theirs on the interface), but at the bottom of the Jets Trade Block another 2025 6th pops up.

• Like 1

According to the Scheme Dev Diary (https://www.simfba.com/topic/5973-106-simfba-scheme-changes-part-1-new-schemes-personnel-and-scheme-fits/), Old School defense gives a bonus to Run Stopper OLBs and ILBs.

However in the interface gameplan page, Run Stopper DEs were added to the Scheme fits and Nose Tackle DTs to the Bad Fits.

Was that scheme updated without updating the original post, or is the interface incorrect?

FWIW I didn't see any other Scheme discrepancies except for 2-Gap listing a Run Stopper DT on the interface.

8feb22aa-2023-4e5f-9b56-774433c825c7.jpg

Edited by Jieret

Did not recieve a notification when an attempt to sign a player from my practice squad was made.

MIN offered C Scott Dozier who has since signed with them but despite my consistent activity on the interface, I did not recieve any notification.

I am told that a notification should appear on the interface, whilst I did not see one, it is possible that it is user error (please advise me on its location and longevity for future reference) although it is more likely that @Bundy has sabotaged the interface for his own disgusting gains. (Joking, mostly). 

2 minutes ago, JC. said:

Did not recieve a notification when an attempt to sign a player from my practice squad was made.

MIN offered C Scott Dozier who has since signed with them but despite my consistent activity on the interface, I did not recieve any notification.

I am told that a notification should appear on the interface, whilst I did not see one, it is possible that it is user error (please advise me on its location and longevity for future reference) although it is more likely that @Bundy has sabotaged the interface for his own disgusting gains. (Joking, mostly). 

On the landing page, I recommend clicking on the SimNFL button. It will bring up your SimNFL teams info and will show a quick news log with info related to specifically your team + general news around the league.

If it can’t be found there, I then recommend the News Page

27 minutes ago, TuscanSota said:

On the landing page, I recommend clicking on the SimNFL button. It will bring up your SimNFL teams info and will show a quick news log with info related to specifically your team + general news around the league.

If it can’t be found there, I then recommend the News Page

Thanks! User error is what I suspected though I would like to turn this into some feedback then. If there is no visible notifier that draws our attention to a player leaving our roster, without having to manually check team news/news then didn’t the previous system provide a perfectly acceptable solution to this?

Personally, it seems abit odd that a player just clears his locker and trots off to a different team just because I didn’t read a newspaper/check a specific article on a website - if we are putting this into a ‘real world perspective’, no one has directly informed the GM of this transaction - atleast the discord ping meant that this piece of information would land on the GMs desk, so to speak. 

Edit: furthermore, if we are not using the discord channel then it may aswell be archived to avoid confusion from small brained people such as myself. 

Edited by JC.

Just now, JC. said:

Thanks! User error is what I suspected though I would like to turn this into some feedback then. If there is no visible notifier that draws our attention to a player leaving our roster, without having to manually check team news/news then didn’t the previous system provide a perfectly acceptable solution to this?

Personally, it seems abit odd that a player just clears his locker and trots off to a different team just because I didn’t read a newspaper/check a specific article on a website - if we are putting this into a ‘real world perspective’, no one has directly informed the GM of this transaction - atleast the discord ping meant that this piece of information would land on the GMs desk, so to speak. 

I have a feeling that this would involve some work on my end to update a specific feature. I think something like this would be beneficial not only for just Practice Squad players being targeted but for other things like Extensions, FA bids, and trade requests. At the moment my focus is on completing the transfer portal by next Wednesday.

9 minutes ago, TuscanSota said:

I have a feeling that this would involve some work on my end to update a specific feature. I think something like this would be beneficial not only for just Practice Squad players being targeted but for other things like Extensions, FA bids, and trade requests. At the moment my focus is on completing the transfer portal by next Wednesday.

Absolutely not wanting to add to your short term workload! As a longer term feature it would certainly be great to have notifiers for various activities although as I say, as a short term fix, could we not revert to the original method of discord pings? I guess this isn’t really an interface request at this point, perhaps it’s more of a @Piercewise1 request as NFL commish?

@JC. sorry the previous team on the PS page said "Chicago Bears" for him when I looked but I cross referenced their roster and he wasn't on the Bears roster so I figured I could offer him and no one would mind, we can work something out to be hassle free if you want him back (like trade some scrubs around or something). Since he wasn't on the Bears roster I didn't think Id have to tag anyone to notify them I was offering him

5 hours ago, JC. said:

Personally, it seems abit odd that a player just clears his locker and trots off to a different team just because I didn’t read a newspaper/check a specific article on a website - if we are putting this into a ‘real world perspective’,

Going to counter this part by saying "IRL the practice squad doesnt start until late August/September after preseason games and final cutdowns so any player on the PS right now when they could be on a 90 man feels undervalued" though so it's probably best to keep everyone you plan to play in the preseason on your active roster until you need to cut them or someone 👀 might try to swipe them 👀 and get them preseason reps. (but hopefully you'd be notified if that were to happen)

Appreciate the offer @Bundy, it’s very kind of you but I don’t have issue with your actions, you correctly obtained him from my practice squad so please keep him! It’s also a valid point not to bother utilising the practice squad at this time. 

I submitted the feedback, not to ‘cry unfair’ and get the player back, initially just to educate myself in the current system and then upon learning the current system, to highlight the removal of a previous feature (discord pings) that, in my opinion worked perfectly fine. 

A final piece of interface feedback is players on the practice squad FA page, do not display the ‘previous team’ as the team they are signed to. It displays last seasons team which makes sense for free agents but not so much for practice squad players. 

Edited by JC.

In the news page, I think all the old news from 2023 carried over to the season 2024 tag. 

Right now, logos are used in lieu of team names for a lot of the interface. This creates two issues:

- It becomes difficult to copy paste a set of data because you will end up with an empty column for team name

- If you are not familiar with the logo (especially since a lot of people are using retro logos), it may be difficult to find out which team a player is a member of

I'm not sure if the interface's cap calculator is properly accounting for Practice Squad players.  Unfortunately I did not take screenshots, but I had a player on the PS whose cap hit did not get removed from the calculations until we cut him outright. (No bonus, just straight salary as a former 6th-round pick).

Moving him on and off did not change the cap calculations (even after refreshing), but cutting him (and refreshing) did show the change.

Enhancement request: Allow the export of contract details with the export button on the roster page. 

This would allow teams to create their own cap sheets quickly and give them a safe space to trial roster moves before making them on the interface. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like this look, but I'm wondering if there's a mobile/non-mouse drag option for folks on device or with issues with mouse control.

image.thumb.png.4d229c932501118d3abd3ed865fbeb3a.png

18 hours ago, PoopyRhinoPickle said:

Currently on the gameplan page, when I try to enter a value that is not acceptable (such as weighting a formation '51') the screen goes blank

Can you send me a screenshot of the browser's console window when this happens? Which offensive scheme was used?

When you insert decimal points in the target distribution you don't get an error but it won't let you save your gameplan. When I got rid of the decimal it let me save so I am assuming thats the problem.

ScreenShot2024-03-23at2_34_14PM.thumb.png.415b69db9ab50d2de09abc797f34fc6b.pngScreenShot2024-03-23at2_32_53PM.thumb.png.9f5f28cb7cbdf89a47e1263fc80ca535.png

Can there be a way to export weekly CFB schedules like there is for CBB/NBA?

Thanks!