Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Interface Feedback Thread

Specifically to address last second bidding wars shenanigans that could screw someone who doesn't happen to be available on tuesday to keep refreshing and increasing their offers by .01:

Institute a final offer phase. All teams in negotiations when that triggers have the week to give one final best offer and the player selects the best one they receive (OR, addendum, if the offers are within .5 or 1.0 of each other, picks the team who was leading going into this phase (to minimize strategies of offering minimum possible values just to enter this round and then submitting a surprise "real" offer))

These final offers MUST be honored and you have to have the cap room to sign them. But if you have a big spread of what weeks players will enter the phase, it allows teams to make a real final offer and then cancel other outstanding offers once they've already signed their guy OR pivot to another candidate if they lose the final bid on someone

Interface is incorreclty showing the TENN Titans 2026 and 207 not having 2nd round picks which we have never traded

• Thanks 1

Since 2024 draft picks cannot be traded while on the clock, is it possible to add a "Time Out" button to each team's draft page? Hitting the button would cause the next pick's timer to be delayed by a certain amount of time - 90 seconds or whatever. The intent is to allow time for a team to finish discussing and maybe complete a trade before that pick goes on the clock.

- The button must be hit before the potentially traded pick is on the clock. A confirmation prompt showing the pick number that would be delayed would be helpful.

- Each team only gets two Time Outs in order to minimize disruption.  Only one of the discussing teams needs to use a Time Out, and they don't get it back if negotiations fail.

Not sure if this is a big deal yet, but the draft picks in the Draft Room aren't in sync with picks listed in the Trade Blocks.  Minnesota traded #13 to the Jets; this is reflected in each team's Trade Block but not in the Draft Room.

In looking at scheme fit and scheme malus after setting scheme, Speed Rusher DE is not showing up for 4-man Spread Stopper defensive scheme.  @Rocketcan wanted me to post here just to confirm for once schemes are officially done.

Screenshot2024-01-15at11_38_15PM.thumb.png.ec63931cc1460893473f12304e7c1043.pngScreenshot2024-01-15at11_37_52PM.thumb.png.2811ab454b8a319989cae216d3d6bb0e.png

Low-urgency request, but having position on the basketball stat page would be very helpful. 

On 1/12/2024 at 4:27 PM, kwheele said:

Interface is incorreclty showing the TENN Titans 2026 and 207 not having 2nd round picks which we have never traded

Fixed

1 hour ago, smackemz said:

Low-urgency request, but having position on the basketball stat page would be very helpful. 

Will be in next deployment

On 1/14/2024 at 10:16 AM, Jieret said:

Not sure if this is a big deal yet, but the draft picks in the Draft Room aren't in sync with picks listed in the Trade Blocks.  Minnesota traded #13 to the Jets; this is reflected in each team's Trade Block but not in the Draft Room.

The Draft Page set of picks isn't synced yet with the latest changes, it will be ready by draft weekend

• Love 1

I think the interface would really benefit from having a similar style lineup display to plan out depth charts. Instead of rankings, I think overall and year could take its spot (and maybe potential).image.thumb.png.beeab41ebb468b1aedff02ed8fb6f36b.png

• Like 1

Would it be possible to add the ability to search for FAs by teams with offers on them so let's say if I wanted to see all the FAs that the Jaguars put offers on I can look that up. This is not a huge need but would make it easier to see what teams are targeting in FA for media instead of the current method which is look up by position and scroll real fast until I go past a good amount or see the Jaguars logo.

On 1/27/2024 at 4:29 AM, kgreene829 said:

Additional gameplan support for players with longer names

ScreenShot2024-01-27at4_26_53AM.png.0d66826e87eb71e5d582ebf35c04e9e4.pngScreenShot2024-01-27at4_27_35AM.png.5eb92bbece0fec0fd0f5ee1c2f6cd624.png

update on this seems to be a problem with screen size I have no problem on my PC with a bigger screen just on my laptop

Injury based redshirts

If you have a player who has played less than 4 games and they get a season ending injury - they should get an auto redshirt (assuming they have never been redshirted) and it should not count against the 15 total. 

This is a pretty common thing that happens irl, and I think would be a welcome addition. 

8 hours ago, kgreene829 said:

update on this seems to be a problem with screen size I have no problem on my PC with a bigger screen just on my laptop

Provided a fix for this scenario, thank you for pointing this out

Despite the Frontrunner Affinity being removed during the Affinity update (RIP :( ), for any croots I added before the update it still shows up as Green.  Just want to make sure the bonuses are counted correctly, i.e. schools with affinities removed like Frontrunner don't get bonuses they shouldn't.

(sigh.)

image.png.affe1d58c633f6b031e103f461bdbab4.png

Screenshot snippet of board showing Frontrunner is green on a croot added to my board pre-update:
image.png.bb54053544cc1a96e653d010b39d96f9.png

And a snippet showing Frontrunner turned off as it should be (sigh.) on croots added post-update:
image.png.bf342b1b97097cfed8b854b4f6b0d62d.png

On 1/24/2024 at 2:54 AM, kgreene829 said:

Would it be possible to add the ability to search for FAs by teams with offers on them so let's say if I wanted to see all the FAs that the Jaguars put offers on I can look that up. This is not a huge need but would make it easier to see what teams are targeting in FA for media instead of the current method which is look up by position and scroll real fast until I go past a good amount or see the Jaguars logo.

can we just have sortability on all interface pages considered standard now? would be nice to sort recruits or free agents more easily based on various team criteria

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kwheele said:

can we just have sortability on all interface pages considered standard now? would be nice to sort recruits or free agents more easily based on various team criteria

I second and third this motion

A player search would be cool.

The ability to search for a player, position, archetype, year (in school or since turned pro).

Sometimes I'm looking for a specific player but cannot find what team they are on now.

Change the Year portion to say the actual year that the bonus/salary applies to and perhaps add a bit of separation/underlining/bolding (is the year bolded?) so it's a bit easier to read and separate each year.

image.thumb.png.99706402efb3c093cae8c5a86535e654.png

-1 injury rating I could be way off but it could be regression hitting and pushing his injury rating lower while it was already low to the point where it got to -1ScreenShot2024-02-10at6_54_27AM.thumb.png.dbdc0694a467f29d74122dda1eb85cf7.png

Another low-urgency request. 

The stat pages for both football and basketball.  It would cool to be able to see all of a player's individual box scores for a given season.   Right now you can see the player stats by each given game, but it would be sick to be able to see every box score for a player available for a season.  

• 2 weeks later...

Browns traded for DE Todd Showalter during the draft. His Bonus should be dead money on the other team's cap but currently it's hitting the Browns cap

showalter.thumb.png.16d66d1e533914b597cd598b90182c7d.png