Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Interface Feedback Thread

Pieces of data we probably want to keep for historical purposes:

• Position by year (and number of snaps) and by game
  • Years of experience per season (e.g Rookie in 2023, 1 in 2024, 2 in 2025, etc.)
  • Player ID

Running into an issue after progressions as players who turned into year 4 players who were on PS cannot be removed from practice squad. 

image.thumb.png.89ef2e5693597cb203e9d3ea1886a89e.png

Edited by Minnow

23 minutes ago, Minnow said:

Running into an issue after progressions as players who turned into year 4 players who were on PS cannot be removed from practice squad. 

image.thumb.png.89ef2e5693597cb203e9d3ea1886a89e.png

Fixed

• Like 1

In the search/filter functions, the Filter Option to limit an archetype to Scrambers is called "Scrambling" which means it shows zero results. It needs to be changed to "Scrambler".

This affects Free Agency, and Draft pages in NFL and Recruitment in CFB

• Like 1

SimNFL cap space for the Green Bay Packers is incorrect. 

Having made a single transaction thus far this season (trading WR Berendes to HOU) , I have incurred a dead cap penalty of 0.5M

Berendes contract was $0 bonus, $10M salary. I have confirmed with Pierce that this should not be the case and therefore I wonder if there’s some sort of logic issue with the following:

“What's being done about $0 contracts?
Any player currently at $0 cost will have $500K of Salary added to their current contract, and the team who traded them away will have $500K removed from their Dead Cap. We simply cannot have players playing for free, so we are retroactively changing the conditions of those trades to have the new team retain a minimum amount of Salary.”

Source: https://www.simfba.com/topic/6191-simnfl-trade-rule-change-and-0-contract-correction

At least one NFL owner has stated that scouted players have their exact Overall number revealed, instead of still displaying the grade (expected per the most recent Dev Diary).

Reputation Impact from Promises question

Has it been decided how/in what order promise results will be applied?

Given the <>100 differences and the 120 cap, there is a potentially large variance that comes from what order the results of successful or broken promise results are applied:
Let's say you have 3 successful promises and 3 broken ones, with a Low, Medium and High on each side.

Starting at 100 reputation the maximum difference would be if all of one type were applied before any of the other type. 

If all 3 successful promises are applied first, the coach would get +1, +3, and +5 for a reputation score of 109.  Then the 3 broken promises are applied -5, -10, 20, knock that down to 104, 94, and then 74 for final reputation.

If the all 3 broken promises are applied first, the coach would lose 5, 10 and 20 for a reputation score of 65. Then the successful promises are applied for 5, 10 and 15 moving to 70, 80 and then 95 for the final reputation score.

A difference of 21 points for the same set of successful and broken promises. A random order would provide a result ranging from this low to high.

Not sure what to do with this, but it seems like a random result that could have a larger than expected differential impact on teams/Coaches.

Maybe look at processing promises L to H or H to L ? Pull one each from successful and broken until one pool is depleted? Calculate independent of current rep and apply only a % if the Coach is already at or above 100 before the calculation?

Regardless of the decision, I suggest making the process transparent to help with expectations.

Added-
OR, will the weekly sync check for promises made or broken through the season? If you promise a player 5 snaps/game (60 snaps in the season) and you reach that in Week 2, will  the sync catch this and apply the result?

Game scheme fit or at least not a misfit? (Is this after the first game, or the last)?

Edited by LordLittlebutt
  • Like 1
  • Football 1

47 minutes ago, LordLittlebutt said:

Reputation Impact from Promises question

Has it been decided how/in what order promise results will be applied?

Given the <>100 differences and the 120 cap, there is a potentially large variance that comes from what order the results of successful or broken promise results are applied:
Let's say you have 3 successful promises and 3 broken ones, with a Low, Medium and High on each side.

Starting at 100 reputation the maximum difference would be if all of one type were applied before any of the other type. 

If all 3 successful promises are applied first, the coach would get +1, +3, and +5 for a reputation score of 109.  Then the 3 broken promises are applied -5, -10, 20, knock that down to 104, 94, and then 74 for final reputation.

If the all 3 broken promises are applied first, the coach would lose 5, 10 and 20 for a reputation score of 65. Then the successful promises are applied for 5, 10 and 15 moving to 70, 80 and then 95 for the final reputation score.

A difference of 21 points for the same set of successful and broken promises. A random order would provide a result ranging from this low to high.

Not sure what to do with this, but it seems like a random result that could have a larger than expected differential impact on teams/Coaches.

Maybe look at processing promises L to H or H to L ? Pull one each from successful and broken until one pool is depleted? Calculate independent of current rep and apply only a % if the Coach is already at or above 100 before the calculation?

Regardless of the decision, I suggest making the process transparent to help with expectations.

Added-
OR, will the weekly sync check for promises made or broken through the season? If you promise a player 5 snaps/game (60 snaps in the season) and you reach that in Week 2, will  the sync catch this and apply the result?

Game scheme fit or at least not a misfit? (Is this after the first game, or the last)?

These are great questions.

Honestly, I haven't gotten that far in how the promises will be processed, but this breakdown is a great explanation on the math if applied either way. I'll need to think on order once the time is right. Most likely promises will be processed at the end of the season, since there are several promise types that involved the end of the season.

As for game scheme fit, we're keeping track of the schemes used in each game; so it will likely be based either on the scheme most often used or the scheme used in the last game. This does introduce some edge case scenarios; but I think the idea of changing schemes on the last game played just to fulfill a promise is still a very risky decision; because you will more often than not upset other players by trying to attempt that.

I placed Portal Points on a player in Week 2.  But despite the points being allocated and a promise made (and multiplier showing), total points = 0.  Bottom player in the screenshot:

EDIT: Disregard, seems like Portal wasn't done running.  Points now show as advertised.

image.png

Edited by Jieret

I think promises are broken on the interface unless they're being tracked somewhere on the back end where we can't see.

I retained 1 player, he decided not to enter the portal (so I have 1 promise there).

I have signed 5 players, all with promises (so I should have 6 combined with the 1 + 5).

x6H1mRy.png

Under the Portal, it says I only have 2 promises (and 100 points spent but I removed guys from my list who signed with other teams).

iRBJ54W.png

On the roster when I click promises it shows me only 2 guys as well - Seay (who I retained) and Griffith (who didn't show up for me as signed until about ~30 mins ago, 3PM central, but also just says awaiting response for him). I don't see a record for any of my other signees? 

Edited by Bundy

Sorting by SimNBA in the leagues drop down filter on basketball statistics does not appear to work as international league players still show up. Soring only International Super League does appear to work properly.

image.thumb.png.7ccf91b9dfadd378903e6e286a16927c.png

Interface appears to be borked currently. Cannot access any pages besides my SimNBA gameplan. Otherwise just takes me to a blank screen.

I am currently unable to add any portal players to my board. I click the button to add and the checkmark shows up but they do not show up in my team board.

42 minutes ago, LordLittlebutt said:

I noticed that none of the defensive game plans include Man or Zone DBs in any of the good fits nor bad fit descriptions. Does this properly reflect how the sim is treating DB archetypes?

Yes.  Secondary does not get a bonus or malus from schemes 

When a player switches teams his stats for that game in the box score displays only on his new team and when cut his stats are just removed from the box score.

I think there might be something else wrong with boxscores but I am not sure what because looking at some of my games the scores are off like Week 1 C when I played the Magic the interface says the score was 90-73 but the points in the boxscore add up to 92-73 and in Week 2 A the interface says the score was 109-76 but in the boxscore the points add up to a score of 105-80 

Edited by kgreene829

On 10/9/2024 at 10:21 AM, BabaYaga said:

I am unable to put non whole numbers in FA offers. Can only be amounts of 1,2,3 etc.

Can you post a screenshot here for an example? Reason I ask is because I'm able to add decimals onto FA offers. I just need to know if this is an issue regarding widths of the inputs

On 10/7/2024 at 11:58 PM, kgreene829 said:

When a player switches teams his stats for that game in the box score displays only on his new team and when cut his stats are just removed from the box score.

I think there might be something else wrong with boxscores but I am not sure what because looking at some of my games the scores are off like Week 1 C when I played the Magic the interface says the score was 90-73 but the points in the boxscore add up to 92-73 and in Week 2 A the interface says the score was 109-76 but in the boxscore the points add up to a score of 105-80 

Yeah, this is something I may need to add to the stats tables for basketball. Infrastructure has been added to football, haven't had time to get it to bball quite yet

• Fire 1

On 10/4/2024 at 1:56 PM, LordLittlebutt said:

I noticed that none of the defensive game plans include Man or Zone DBs in any of the good fits nor bad fit descriptions. Does this properly reflect how the sim is treating DB archetypes?

We previously did have Man & Zone DBs as good fits & bad fits for certain defensive schemes. Due to feedback regarding flexibility of choosing a defensive gameplan, we chose to remove the goodfits and badfits on DBs for gameplay purposes

10 hours ago, TuscanSota said:

Yeah, this is something I may need to add to the stats tables for basketball. Infrastructure has been added to football, haven't had time to get it to bball quite yet

Yeah and not to be too annoying with it but I do want to just put it here again but something else seems to be wrong with boxscores because multiple games have final scores that are different from what the boxscore says. I mentioned 2 times it happened but that's only 2 of the 9 times the final score is different from what the boxscore adds up to with 3 of them coming from a time after my latest roster change making me think there may be a different problem.