Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Interface Feedback Thread

On 4/9/2024 at 10:35 AM, Spoof said:

NFL Gameplan for Jets has a bug (can't confirm if others have it):

1. Go to Gameplan.

2. Move to Offensive Distributions 

3. Increase the Target Distribution of the top two players in that section. 

The screen vanishes when you do so. I use Brave Browser (basically Chrome) but checked on Firefox and its doing the same thing.

Fixed

image.png.8473bf3a9a2be53cae86da1dc0c1ab8b.png

Bump since it's semi-soonish but some of my affinities are showing in green and some are not. See above where Large Crowds / Media for some recruits are shown in white, and other recruits have them in green. All my affinities are actually inconsistent in whether they're showing as triggered

2 hours ago, tsweezy said:

image.png.8473bf3a9a2be53cae86da1dc0c1ab8b.png

Bump since it's semi-soonish but some of my affinities are showing in green and some are not. See above where Large Crowds / Media for some recruits are shown in white, and other recruits have them in green. All my affinities are actually inconsistent in whether they're showing as triggered

This should finally be fixed.

The next time work gets done on the interface I would strongly suggest extending the depth charts one more slot as a high priority item.

In blowouts the backups at some positions are non-sensical (in TENN-BGSU I had a DT returning punts in the 3rd quarter which obviously I have no idea how that was selected), and in the NFL game WAS-CIN as soon as our guard was injured and the sim had to pick an off-depth chart player to play we surrendered 9 sacks in less than 2 quarters. Given that we don't see who's on the field I can only guess it also picked like a punter or linebacker to play OL and they got run over.

Since QBs have 3 lines, I think having OL/DL/etc.. positions having only 2 depth chart lines is not enough and should at least have 3 (or just + 1 slot everywhere)

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, tsweezy said:

The next time work gets done on the interface I would strongly suggest extending the depth charts one more slot as a high priority item.

In blowouts the backups at some positions are non-sensical (in TENN-BGSU I had a DT returning punts in the 3rd quarter which obviously I have no idea how that was selected), and in the NFL game WAS-CIN as soon as our guard was injured and the sim had to pick an off-depth chart player to play we surrendered 9 sacks in less than 2 quarters. Given that we don't see who's on the field I can only guess it also picked like a punter or linebacker to play OL and they got run over.

Since QBs have 3 lines, I think having OL/DL/etc.. positions having only 2 depth chart lines is not enough and should at least have 3 (or just + 1 slot everywhere)

Agree hard here.  In our game against Detroit - when the backups came in - my Kicker was out catching passes. I really don't want my kicker to get injured mascarading as a WR. Lol

Hypothetically if I did the legwork to make a csv with weekly APpoll rankings for previous seasons could you port that onto the interface since it already has drop downs for previous years? If so is it much effort / worth doing

Edited by tsweezy

We currently have no way of knowing what defense our opponent is running. This is a crucial feature to identify who is likely to be on the field against our offenses. 

Can there please be something analogous to the way the defensive gameplan works that shows the other team's defensive scheme when setting our offensive gameplan? Doesn't need to match up individual formations, just the scheme.

Scheme Fits

Speed Rush DE, Pass Rusher DT, Coverage OLB, Coverage ILB

Bad Fits

Run Stopper DE, Run Stopper DT, Run Stopper OLB, Run Stopper ILB, Run Stopper FS, Run Stopper SS

in 4-man front spread stopper it lists run stopper DT as a bad fit. Is that a real archetype or does it mean something else?

Interface weekly stats is not working. Weekly schedule exports to excel, the button for me does not click. No rush, just wanted to let you guys know!

Missouri-Buffalo game is labeled as conference game so both teams are showing up in standings with conference games played.

Punt Block shows the punt being blocked by a player on the punting team. 

Screenshot_20240421-134024.thumb.png.8d3b1503ee9d7d5ae3ca636e6998239b.png

Looks like Speed Rushers are not getting classified (colored) correctly in recruiting view. I have my AI set correctly. I know in the original dev diary it was spelled "Speed Rush DE" but the recruits are labeled "Speed Rusher DE", so wondering if that is causing the issue.

If results can get output like this each week for me I can do instant elo updated ratings when I receive it

get this output

On 4/12/2024 at 6:14 PM, TuscanSota said:

This should finally be fixed.

image.png.ab2787f5d464f30a552f41abcdbb986e.png

Checked again and some did get fixed but some are still not showing green

NFL players with more than 3 years of Experience can currently be placed on the practice squad. The usual dialogue box doesn't come up, but the player is still moved.

12 hours ago, tsweezy said:

image.png.ab2787f5d464f30a552f41abcdbb986e.png

Checked again and some did get fixed but some are still not showing green

This is being fixed as I'm typing this.

14 hours ago, Wahoo said:

Looks like Speed Rushers are not getting classified (colored) correctly in recruiting view. I have my AI set correctly. I know in the original dev diary it was spelled "Speed Rush DE" but the recruits are labeled "Speed Rusher DE", so wondering if that is causing the issue.

Fixed

0leaYaN.png

Submitted a PS offer to WR Ryan Forbes of the Chargers on Monday, 4/22. On Tuesday, 4/23 during FA process, Forbes did not sign with me (but also is now in regular FA rather than just on Chargers PS) but my offer still stands on him?

dNGnnJc.png

Also submitted an offer on SS JC Oliveros on the same day, Monday 4/22. He  also did not sign with me on 4/23 but stayed on Browns PS (edit): and my offer from Monday still stands on him

Edited by Bundy

20 hours ago, Bundy said:

0leaYaN.png

Submitted a PS offer to WR Ryan Forbes of the Chargers on Monday, 4/22. On Tuesday, 4/23 during FA process, Forbes did not sign with me (but also is now in regular FA rather than just on Chargers PS) but my offer still stands on him?

dNGnnJc.png

Also submitted an offer on SS JC Oliveros on the same day, Monday 4/22. He  also did not sign with me on 4/23 but stayed on Browns PS (edit): and my offer from Monday still stands on him

following up to myself: when I cut a SS making 1.25 (entirely non-GTD), I ended up losing cap space on my roster page.

BUT

when I check the FA section it says I have more available cap?

pQUwxvl.png

The projected # "makes sense" since it doesnt calc top 51 and I have those two offers out that didnt go through for some reason on Tuesday, but the other numbers are 1.22 apart? Is this why my PS signing offers didnt go through?

When I click on Denver's C Roger Turner's "Extend Contract" button, I have the option to activate his option, as seen below:

image.thumb.png.aa1fd037e3a8e87aaf7b7569cd226bee.png

However, if I do so, there is no visible change. I can once again go back and try to activate the option again, but the interface doesn't reflect that I activated the option.

ee9nHVf.png

Week 2 of waiting for SS JC Oliveros to sign off the Browns PS 👀 I have the roster space for him so not sure what Im doing wrong