Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Interface Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Curby4 said:

Cannot enter offensive distributions for my first two wide receivers. When I enter a number my interface goes blank.image.thumb.jpg.2aba7fb8383b64526c377ed39d51b137.jpg

Issue appears to happen if you enter any value that exceeds 10. I tried 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 20. I receive this same behavior every time in both the Target and Running Distribution boxes.

3 hours ago, Curby4 said:

Cannot enter offensive distributions for my first two wide receivers. When I enter a number my interface goes blank.image.thumb.jpg.2aba7fb8383b64526c377ed39d51b137.jpg

Issue is temporary resolved when I minimize my window. However, in minimizing my window I am unable to see some of the other wide receivers values. Own a MAC so unsure if that has anything to do with the issue. 

58 minutes ago, Curby4 said:

Issue is temporary resolved when I minimize my window. However, in minimizing my window I am unable to see some of the other wide receivers values. Own a MAC so unsure if that has anything to do with the issue. 

I have a mac and have the same problem but if you zoom out on your browser then it fixes itself

On the transfer portal page, every time I select a promise for one player, it selects that promise for all players. Also, I can't see what promises I have already made to players. Interface also says I have only made promises to two players when I have made promises to four.

edit: does that mean types of promises? I have only made two types of promises, but to four different players

Edited by SandyToez

23 hours ago, Curby4 said:

Fixed

Couple of smaller things: 

Offensive Gameplan
It's entirely unclear from the UI on the interface which input does which as far as weight the choices of offensive plays. 

The formation weighting must add up to 100, seemingly implying that was the distribution of calls, and then the specific plays would be derived from the information within that formation's play's weights. 

However, the types of plays (trad run, RPO, etc.) must also equal 100, implying that it's actually the play choice that must add up to 100 to communicate to the game engine what play is more likely to be chosen.

So it's a mixed message. It's not really an interface issue as far as which does what, but some explanatory text might be helpful. 

Pop-Ups
I have absolutely no idea whether this effects anyone else, but the ability to interact with the 5th formation card is severely hampered by the pop-up notifications as on a 16:9 screen the pop ups block the mouse cursor from selected values within the 5th card (unless you zoom way out)

Option Settings for Defense
Mentioned this in a post above, but beyond the sliders being difficult to adjust in small increments due to needing mouse input, I think it might help to add a text 'qb' and 'rb' to the option slider on either side so folks can see which they are leaning on.

Special Teams
I'm not entirely clear what the primary RB setting does now that carries are applied using the weighting tool. That could also use explainer text or maybe be removed?

Those are the four suggestions (as opposed to bugs) I've encountered so far.

12 hours ago, SandyToez said:

also having this issue as of 11:30am ET march 25

It should be fixed by now

13 hours ago, SandyToez said:

On the transfer portal page, every time I select a promise for one player, it selects that promise for all players. Also, I can't see what promises I have already made to players. Interface also says I have only made promises to two players when I have made promises to four.

edit: does that mean types of promises? I have only made two types of promises, but to four different players

Fixed the issue where promises would not change pending switching view from player to player.

As for listing out all promises, I'm still working on a solution for this.

3-4 Okie only shows 10 defenders.  I'm assuming the 11th is the SS1

image.png.29906bd88f94396195ddeb4937c39b68.png

• Thanks 1

I'm unable to revoke Scholarships in CFB. I have tried to revoke a few and they won't leave. 

Example to use in my recruitment board is Running Back Erik Terrones. I cannot revoke his scholarship and I've found that is an issue on my whole board.

• Thanks 1

^ a recruiting related comment for some point. My affinities (large crowds, front runner, etc..) aren’t seeming to match against recruits. I.e they show as white while only close to home actually shows as green. I assume something just needs a refresh but mentioning it here

The Double Wing formation also doesn't seem to have any impact on OL recruits when it comes to showing a fit Vs non-fit

Also, Run Stopper DBs seem to be showing up as Red when we were told DBs were unaffected by Scheme now too 

Ive had an offer on a PS player for 2 Tuesdays and it hasnt processed 👀 player wasnt elevated to the team that I can tell (still shows up in PS on interface) so not sure if its bugged during FA signings or not

image.png.ebf8fd9e4a12490757c8d8f5881d7f90.png

Looks like the text that is used for an interception is missing a space after the QB's name/before the word "throws."

On the Box Score - if I am in mobile view.  

If I hold the phone vertically - the receiving section has everyone playing for Washington State.  If I turn the phone horizontal - it is corrected and shows everyone with their correct team. 

Screenshot_20240330-134532.png

Screenshot_20240330-134516.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so im new and got virginia tech. i thought maybe it was because i was new but i still cant get to the recruit page it'll pop up real quick and go blank then i have to back out of the whole interface to get any type of response

Small thing - but on the defensive gameplan settings it does allow me to enter a blitz weight that is greater than 100 (I entered 375 by mistake) - might be good to limit values on this field to 0-100

On the RPO Selection, for "LeftvsRight", which way is high and which is low?

Reading it as "Left, compared to Right" (similar to Playing the Run), 100 would be all left.

Envisioning a number line going horizontally on the field, 0 would be all left.

Thanks.

On 4/1/2024 at 4:36 PM, Zz3DWAFFLEzZ said:

so im new and got virginia tech. i thought maybe it was because i was new but i still cant get to the recruit page it'll pop up real quick and go blank then i have to back out of the whole interface to get any type of response

Can you share a screenshot with me on what this looks like?

28 minutes ago, Piercewise1 said:

On the RPO Selection, for "LeftvsRight", which way is high and which is low?

Reading it as "Left, compared to Right" (similar to Playing the Run), 100 would be all left.

Envisioning a number line going horizontally on the field, 0 would be all left.

Thanks.

I'll wait for @Rocketcanto respond to this but my assumption is that 0 = Left