Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Interface Feedback Thread

2 hours ago, Jieret said:

[Basketball Gameplans - both CBB and NBA]

When choosing a defense with double-team/player focus capability (Man-to-Man or Box-and-One), the player box to choose the focus target does NOT show.  The box used to show up to the right of the Offensive Style box IIRC.

image.png.5a7bdf419e43e27804ec654b5a19ac5a.png

On 10/5/2023 at 10:31 AM, smackemz said:

For NBA box scores - it seems that only the 1st and 2nd quarter are being counted in the team section.  

Looking at Denver/Utah Week 1A for example it says Utah had 16 in the 1st half and 20 in the second half, but a total of 93

Both of these will be fixed in the next API release

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2023 at 2:53 PM, TuscanSota said:

Both you and @smackemz ping me on this, I'll see if there's something I can debug and resolve

Since we've only got one extension check left, just wanted to gently ping this again. We would love to keep Ruby and we offered his desired contract.  He has an average personality, so I think he should have accepted.  We could be missing something though, but I'm unsure what it is. 

[SimNFL Roster Page]

After wayward practice squad players were returned to the roster, the button to remove them from the practice squad is not working properly. 

For some players it seems it gives the following message and no indication:

Screenshot_20231106_103532_Brave.thumb.jpg.7e186bcf58d05a7110b7692637ad4dc8.jpg

For others it shows the following screen, and the player seems to have been removed from the PS and the PS count in the background decreases:Screenshot_20231106_103858_Brave.thumb.jpg.091c0aaae87e6daeae9f4c4b229d179d.jpg

However, reloading the page shows those players still on the PS. (Incidentally, DT Sylvester White is someone I accidentally placed on the PS minutes ago due to fat-fingering my phone).

3 hours ago, Jieret said:

[SimNFL Roster Page]

After wayward practice squad players were returned to the roster, the button to remove them from the practice squad is not working properly. 

For some players it seems it gives the following message and no indication:

Screenshot_20231106_103532_Brave.thumb.jpg.7e186bcf58d05a7110b7692637ad4dc8.jpg

For others it shows the following screen, and the player seems to have been removed from the PS and the PS count in the background decreases:Screenshot_20231106_103858_Brave.thumb.jpg.091c0aaae87e6daeae9f4c4b229d179d.jpg

However, reloading the page shows those players still on the PS. (Incidentally, DT Sylvester White is someone I accidentally placed on the PS minutes ago due to fat-fingering my phone).

Practice Squad fix has been deployed and is now available.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

SimNBA Gameplan page is not loading (blank screen). As best as I can tell all other interface pages are up except for the football gameplans, but I assume you have those down to implement the new schemes and formations.

21 hours ago, Jieret said:

SimNBA Gameplan page is not loading (blank screen). As best as I can tell all other interface pages are up except for the football gameplans, but I assume you have those down to implement the new schemes and formations.

Fixed

• 2 weeks later...

I offered someone in the G-league a contract and it looks like it went through but when I went back to try and offer more guys it keeps not loading (page is just blank) only when I try to look at the G-league and international tabs the free agents and waiver wire tabs are loading fine

[NFL]

In addition to the above, it looks like re-added PS players have an extra year on their contracts. 

2022 CLE draft picks Kendall Lincoln and Duncan Terrero are EXP 3 so they should have 2 years left on their rookie contracts (this year and next year), instead they have 3.

2023 CLE draft picks Ryan Loyd and Ben Gohara are EXP 2 so they should have 3 years left on their rookie contracts, but they have 4. 

On 11/20/2023 at 12:59 PM, subsequent said:

Add the ability to toggle stats for with, without, and only postseason numbers.

This will require a more complex design that would potentially slow down the interface at a large scale. If this option is provided in the feature, I will caution users that it will take longer for this specific type of search.

On 12/2/2023 at 4:12 PM, Piercewise1 said:

[NFL]

In addition to the above, it looks like re-added PS players have an extra year on their contracts. 

2022 CLE draft picks Kendall Lincoln and Duncan Terrero are EXP 3 so they should have 2 years left on their rookie contracts (this year and next year), instead they have 3.

2023 CLE draft picks Ryan Loyd and Ben Gohara are EXP 2 so they should have 3 years left on their rookie contracts, but they have 4. 

This is likely the case and a result from having to fish out the practice squad players during progression. Please DM me the IDs for your players and I will resolve the issue.

Trying to adjust the depth chart for the new additions and been following all the prompts for each position.
Go to save and get the following and then nothing is saved
|image.png.79477b9f4b8d678d3d492957edbec4e1.png

The team roster page would benefit from a positional filter feature. Double points if you incorporate a grouping feature (i.e. Skill positions, OL, DL, Secondary, Front 7, Back 7, etc.). It would make choosing who to redshirt a breeze.

NFL Related, but could apply to other pro sims

1. should make the asking price for guys with no offers go down as FA goes on

What does this accomplish?

-brings more importance to pre-draft FA. Currently you can bank on a lot of the (2024) FAs going to post-draft FA. Example: the top 9 FA WRs in 2024 by rating have 0 combined offers, and are all over age 30. Shows there is currently no major market to give them ~$7M-$10M/year of GTD money with the current salary cap, but by the midpoint of predraft FA, if they'd drop their numbers, Im sure many teams might pay them $4M-$6M GTD per year for multiple years (with additional salary adding additional value)

-rather than a player, especially a 30+ aged player, wanting an absurd contract (evidenced by 2024 Round 1 FA, where ~15ish teams are active and a majority of top players at each position have 0 offers), they might realize their actual value and maximize GTD money while they can during pre-draft (whereas, they might get significantly less post-draft with significantly less or no GTD. Especially at their age, they don't want "prove-it" deals, they want given $)

-makes better use of the lengthy (10 IRL weeks) predraft FA period in terms of strategy/time invested. Most of the FA "work" is done prior to R1 right now, with mostly hand-sitting until players enter negotiating phases

2. players with single team offers who have entered the negotiating phase should just auto-sign (team would be sole team during the spin, if multiple teams on when the spin occurs, remains in negotiating until the sign phase/until there's only 1 team on during the spin)

-the player can not negotiate further, so no sense in holding out for them

-prevents teams from gaming/spamming FA offers as contingencies, and makes them actually think about their offers they're submitting

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bundy said:

NFL Related, but could apply to other pro sims

1. should make the asking price for guys with no offers go down as FA goes on

-brings more importance to pre-draft FA. Currently you can bank on a lot of the (2024) FAs going to post-draft FA. Example: the top 9 FA WRs in 2024 by rating have 0 combined offers, and are all over age 30. Shows there is currently no major market to give them ~$7M-$10M/year of GTD money with the current salary cap, but by the midpoint of predraft FA, if they'd drop their numbers, Im sure many teams might pay them $4M-$6M GTD per year for multiple years (with additional salary adding additional value)

-rather than a player, especially a 30+ aged player, wanting an absurd contract (evidenced by 2024 Round 1 FA, where ~15ish teams are active and a majority of top players at each position have 0 offers), they might realize their actual value and maximize GTD money while they can during pre-draft (whereas, they might get significantly less post-draft with significantly less or no GTD. Especially at their age, they don't want "prove-it" deals, they want given $)

-makes better use of the lengthy (10 IRL weeks) predraft FA period in terms of strategy/time invested. Most of the FA "work" is done prior to R1 right now, with mostly hand-sitting until players enter negotiating phases

2. players with single team offers who have entered the negotiating phase should just auto-sign (team would be sole team during the spin, if multiple teams on when the spin occurs, remains in negotiating until the sign phase/until there's only 1 team on during the spin)

-the player can not negotiate further, so no sense in holding out for them

-prevents teams from gaming/spamming FA offers as contingencies, and makes them actually think about their offers they're submitting

For 1) I think some rules will need to be defined in how asking prices would be reduced. I think for 30+ players or players past their prime, this would make sense.

for 2)  I could look into expediting the process, especially if it’s just one offer on a player. It may slow the algorithm down a bit but I think that would be short term

Not sure if this has been addressed here or not, yet on basketball

it would be nice to be able to save game plans and then easily switch back and forth from one or two pre-saved game plans to make things a little easier;

and finally, sortability on the interface with the game plans etc

• 2 weeks later...

zgyWFbC.png

blanked out some numbers for competitive reasons here, but even including salary in my initial fully GTD years does not fix the Rule 6 issue and I can not submit a corrected offer. 

Can I get the Texans 2025 2nd Round pick assigned to Minnesota on the Interface, this was a trade during the 2023 draft (think the Texans took OG Jacob Grant with the pick), I had submitted in on interface but it never got accepted by HOU and now a year has passed and the trade offer on the interface looks wonky because it isn't accounting for 2023 picks anymore.

ojAPVKa.png

link to trade announcement: 

When the negative number bug was patched, I'm assuming code to prevent a year from having zero salary was implemented as it seems like fully-guaranteed contracts are being frowned upon.

However I have a few FA bids where I offered zero salary for a year, and now I cannot change them to comply with the new rules because the "Update" button is not clickable, even after ensuring each year has salary.  It's possible that @Bundy's issue here is related.

EDIT: Looks like this is now working.

Edited by Jieret

FOF7 through the new 9 have a similar step by step FA where there's basically rounds of bidding (abstracted as days instead of rounds, but similar premise). 

They have two features to help teams navigate the structure of making bids to fill 1 spot between contested offers. 

- If accepted, remove all other offers at this position.
- If accepted, remove all other offers at all positions.

It keeps you from signing 2 players in the same round to fill 1 position to protect teams in contested bidding battles.

I would propose these would be nice features, but also for the sake of fairness to users, that if an offer contains these stipulations, that other teams bidding on the deal are aware of the designation as well. So users could make judgements on whether the other team's offers are serious first choices based on the selection of either of these options. It's basically communicating whether the team has told a player in FA negotiations that they'll wait until another shoe drops before honoring their deal - which happens plenty.