Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Picking of teams

How do we handle picking of teams now that the rankings and buckets have been released?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How do we handle picking of teams now that the rankings and buckets have been released?

• New users can't pick top 25 teams
    • I don't really care
    • I have a better idea that I will put in the comments

Hey guys, now that the user teams have been generated and we have released the rankings + buckets of teams, I wanted to get some feedback from everyone.

Most of you all chose teams with no knowledge of how good the rosters will be generated. However, now anybody who picks a team could just pick the best teams available. I wanted to put it up to you all a vote and discussion to see how best to handle this. Or, is it not a huge deal to everyone?

I'm happy to go in any direction as long as you guys are fine with the choice.

Yeah, not allowing access to any team could push people away. But the idea of a meritocracy or trial period is cool. I think people serious enough about participating in a sim like this will stick around for a chance at their favorite team.

I think if it's someone we know, and they apply for a good school that they have no connection to, it should be restricted in some way. If people can't handle losing, they don't belong, because it typically means that they'll leave when things go south for them. I'd MUCH rather have people that would prefer to take a lesser team and build them into a power. The means will be there for it.

I agree with klem. In no way we should restrict applications for certain schools for new users. But when the new user chooses a top school just because they can win right away is wrong.

Archived